From Scratch - Lounge Rat - Video added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
WELL, I discovered this site, last month, and just love the bikes and discussions. Been rooting around and found materials for a heavy heavy bike. SO I am starting today, with less than 5 days left.

Starting with a couch base as the frame, an old pipe as the head tube, a seat post and crank tube from a peugeot. Will be makimg handlebars and stuff too. Figure today and tomorrow, welding and cuttimg then start fitting in the components.

If all goes well, it will look similar to this:

I always thought a 1 week buildoff would be fun....
You got welding skills? Go for it bro. GLWTB.

Carl.

I wonder how many time we have heard "starting with a couch base as a frame"???
Welcome to RRB and the Build Off!
Git to building!

Welcome to the jungle!! Get ta Buildin!!! PEACE

And I thought I was the only one that made bikes from junk..;).Great name for it...Now don't go loungin around,get ta building...:21:

A week wouldn't be enough time for me to take pictures and post it in the Finished Bikes. Good luck. Great start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah, after welding/fitting for 12 hours yesterday, I can see how a week is waaaay tight and prolly too little time to get a well refined bike.

This will be raw and rideable in a day or two. Then will start seeing about cleaning up some of those ugly welds from my mediocre mig welding skills.

:cool2:

Last edited:
Daylight shows a little monsoonal rain raised a little rust :)

Gotta work 10hrs or so again today before i can work on the bike. Lunchtime I may draw out the long handlebar bend. Neighbor may let me borrow his oxy/cet rosebud late tonight.

Put the chain on it today after I added more welda to the tail. Also has to add a derailer sprocket on the upper rail to clear the frame with the chain.

My neighbors cetaline is outta gas, so no large handlebars yet.

I did put a cheap handlebar in place of the straight bar and flipped the gooseneck around backwards. Pumped up the tires and took it for a spin around the block. Fred flintstone brakes till I get the handlebars bent. Gotta get those done tomorrow.

Its a smooth ride. Its geared right.

Have some seat plans I'm working on also.

Latest posts

Back