front wheel drive action

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys
a couple months ago i asked about head angle for a bike i had cut in half and was welding back together
well i got a friend to do the welding :D and now here it is
HEKccI.jpg

well almost the kick stand keeps the crank from turning so i need to cut that in half and i think my knees will hit my handle bars if i mount them from the top of the head tube, but i have some 18ish inch apes i can mount from the purple seat post and think that will get back to were my hands need to be if its ride-able that way then ill add a hand brake to the front and do something with the rear coaster like an emergency hand break

i figured id share ill keep ya'll updated ;)

so here's an update no pics tho...

i got the kick stand cut off and a chain on i tried a super high gear to start like 14 out of 15 and it just twisted up moved my handle bars even(might not have been tight enough tho) so ya when you pedal it tries to turn.

so i dropped to 8th gear and that was a bit better it'll be a little slower then a cruiser i think i can get some figures if you want later but the handle bars still moved i mounted them in the head tube as the seat tube is about 1/8in to big

oh its balanced wonderfully to carry around by the handle bars the purple triangle weighs about as much as the rest so its easy to get in and out of the garage ;)

ya as i was rolling around the driveway i realized i probably shouldn't go too fast lol its pretty squerly although once i get the gearing right and the handlebars nice and tight it should be better

oh do you know of a way to mount the handle bars in the seat post spot can i use like a collar or shim to hold the handlebar deely in place (i don't know the term for it :O )

Latest posts

Back