Galaxy flyer year?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were my aunt and uncles. Just curious as to the years and if there worth fixing up?
499A51F1-3868-424C-B99C-4512AABB7D26.jpeg
EC4A3B7B-F434-460E-8C11-A68251F25305.jpeg
E5DBF4D9-9724-42E6-AB21-74DE33882B24.jpeg

These are both bikes manufactured by AMF. The red bike is from the early '60s as evidenced by its star-spangled chainring, which can be quite desirable. I suspect the green bike is a few years newer than that, maybe early '70s? I base that estimate on the later style chainring, the myriad of reflectors affixed, and the badge used.

These are reasonable mass-produced bikes, complete and in better condition than many sixty-year-olds. That said, neither of these bikes are too uncommon nor especially valuable as collectibles...yet--they're just nice bikes worth saving.

The years they used different headbadges helps narrow it down. They started just using a sticker eventually. So does the script on the "western auto and the patent pending on the brake arm or not on the Bendix, 61 or 63 or something, you still have to look in catalog pages, after 51 and adds. Zazz Von Schwinn database has the most in one place.

The years they used different headbadges helps narrow it down. They started just using a sticker eventually. So does the script on the "western auto and the patent pending on the brake arm or not on the Bendix, 61 or 63 or something, you still have to look in catalog pages, after 51 and adds. Zazz Von Schwinn database has the most in one place.
Thanks you for the info.!!!

Latest posts

Back