RRBBO13 Garry The Leprechaun Strandie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wasn't going to enter but wanted to use up some 26inch bike parts that I had sitting around.
So I found a 1954 Garry frame made by CCM and started building a Canadian Strandie .
This frame was missing the top brace in the chain stays and the head tube was bent to the left
but after a little welding and some physical persuasion turned out fine .
So Here's my start .
IMG_7986.JPG

IMG_7991.JPG

That frame sure has a prewar motobike feel to it.
Should make for a cool strandie

Nice work on the stripping. As has been mentioned, those lugs are cool. Any thought to a slightly different color tone, or an accent color to show those off? And speaking of colors....ideas?

Looking good! RaT oN~!

I like the oval holes in the chainring. Much cooler than the typical Schwinn clover ring.

I have to use another seat .
I made the top on this B73 frame was a lot of work had to build a mould out of wood and baked the leather in my barbecue .
Frame was also restored .
Very comfy but third spring on front gives more side to side motion than i like .
IMG_8000.JPG
IMG_8003.JPG

But traded it off with a couple of springer forks and some other small stuff for this bike

IMG_8021.JPG

The seat on this bike is also one I restored luckily it had the right clamp for this size seat post .
I think it was waiting for this bike to come along .

It's not a Zep it's a Zen

Gotta change the gearing on this one that 50 tooth sprocket on the front is killing me .
might try a 20 on the back if I can find one .

Latest posts

Back