Genesis ONYX 29'er.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have this bike, don't know how old but barely ridden.....spent 90% of it's life in a spare bedroom...
removed the stickers and decals (except on lower forks...think it looks better. Replaced the stock pedals as they were cracking...
they also look and feel better. Excellent condition, I am more of a 3 speed Schwinn/Raleigh/vintage rider.
What could I ask for to sell and pick up something else without being haggled with? I always seem to have to do this!
Thanks.

Attachments

• g292.jpg
    g292.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 77
  • g291.jpg
    g291.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 65
  • g295.jpg
    g295.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 56
  • g10.jpg
    g10.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 58
  • g13.jpg
    g13.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 59
  • g293.jpg
    g293.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 57
Idunno about that one. Being a 29er puts it in a whole different category. Definitely an adult bike, probably 5'10" or taller. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that listed for at least $350 Canadian

It looks good minus the stickers. It being large will be the best selling point. I would raise the seat up fairly high along with the handlebars for showing it, then probably have to lower them for someone to test it out.

Depending on what area of the country you are selling it makes a difference. I would start off at a higher price and expect to barter down about fifty bucks. For that bike, I would list it at $150 and be happy with getting $100. You got your price and the buyer got a deal on his bike. If there's no bites at $150, I would relist it a month later using a different picture and description of it at a lower price. Some buyers watch and wait as it goes down waiting for a lower price. They will buy it as low as possible and then list it for sale at your original price a week later. They didn't want a bike, they wanted to just buy and sell as a business.

Buyers will also google the bike and see what it cost new and use that to drop your price. Here it is listed for $180 brand new.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Genesis-29-Onex-Cruiser-Men-s-Bike-Black/16203481

Tax refunds begin in January so that's another factor to take into consideration.

The problem with those $180 listings is that they're all out of stock... When I did a search similar to Wildcat's, the ones that claimed to have it in inventory were over $300. New bikes are harder to get this year, but maybe the average used buyer isn't aware of that.

If you like the older 3 speeds, you might do a swap with someone, although your bike is like a new bike. You could ask for any vintage older bike as a trade and see what someone might offer up. Even though an older Raleigh might not get 75 bucks, as a trade it would be right up your alley, if you know how to repair the older bikes. A lot of people have them hanging up or just sitting in the garage for years. I'd go for one of the English 3 speeds before one of the Onyx bikes any day. Raleigh, Hercules, Phillips, etc. But not an old Huffy or AMF 3 speed.

Latest posts

Back