Getting to Know Matti

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted in another thread, but I really like it:
"To some perfection is achieved when there is nothing more to add. To other's pefection is achieved when there is nothing left to take away."
Colin Chapman (perhaps)

I'm the guy who likes the build off bikes bikes best approximately three steps before they're "done"

Posted in another thread, but I really like it:
"To some perfection is achieved when there is nothing more to add. To other's pefection is achieved when there is nothing left to take away."
Colin Chapman (perhaps)

I'm the guy who likes the build off bikes bikes best approximately three steps before they're "done"
Winter boredom has me searching the internet for images of traditional hotrods and mild Kustoms to get some bike building ideas. Knowing when to stop adding or subtracting on either of these is so crucial to nailing a build. The chicks don't dig "also rans".

Hitting the streets on the Nameless...
--what the heck?!!
IMG_20210310_163140411.jpg
IMG_20210310_163202269.jpg

Well bless me! Matti found a little lamb
IMG_20210310_163230647~2.jpg

Must be springtime

Self proclaimed narcissist, feminist, and communist...hard pass.

"Racing is a natural expression of narcissism. I’m hugely vain; I really do believe I’m “the best”... ...but I watched how the established top racers behaved, and decided I was not going to take the Snobbery Route. IF I ‘became great’ I’d talk to everyone, be nice, etc. Yah"

"I had a lot of feminist education when in college in France and was sure that the quickest way to improve women’s lot, was to create a warm atmosphere (instead of the chilly one I entered)."

" I don’t think democracy and capitalism can fit together since the first assumes parity, and the second presumes primacy."

Sounds like a truly terrible person.

My Wife is the strongest person I have ever known, bar none. Together we raised two strong, stubborn, successful daughters.

Defining one's self a feminist, to me, is a form of segregation. Like many '-ists', it promotes division over equality. In most cases, I note only passively as other people's definition of feminist may be far different than mine...however. The comments on Democracy and Capitalism are rediculous and to me show that her feminism is about parity, not equality. Parity assumes one is less than the other and needs a boost to get on the same level...I find that to be a piss-poor message to send to other women, especially young women. My daughter's were raised under the mantra that they could accomplish anything they put their mind to.

So...my opinion...hard pass. Especially since the hard pass was on godmother/queen status when there are others who were earlier, more successful, and more instrumental.

Seeking betterment for one segment of society doesn't inherently bring down down the rest. Particularly if that segment has historically been repressed, held back, and had unequal restrictions applied to them.

Saying that women deserve the right to vote, own property, not be owned as property, get equal pay for equal work, and determine their own thoughts and actions doesn't really send a message that women are less than, and need a boost. However, believing those things could get a person categorized as a feminist under many people's definitions.

If someone is really worried about what messages are being sent to young woman, though. Having a private definition of a common label then publicly condemning a person who applies that label to themselves does risk sending a troubling message.

I tried to make it succinct as possible. If you don't get it, or want to get it...fine. But please don't try and reframe my comments into something you can be 'outraged' about. I understand strong independent succesful women, I'm surrounded by them.

please don't try and reframe my comments into something you can be 'outraged' about
I didn't, and I'm not.

Feel comforted in the knowledge that I read your previous post five or six times before replying to make sure I felt I had a good grasp on what you were trying to express.

I'm not actually sure what I wrote that would make you think I was intentionally trying to misunderstand you or responding in contrived outrage.
I'm really not sure what I wrote that would make you feel the need to reiterate your personal experience with strong women.

A cynical person may assume that you were being reductionistic of my motives so as to be able to easily dismiss my words as reactionary parroting.
However, I know you to be a more open minded, thoughtful, and objective fellow than that.

Latest posts

Back