Getting to Know Matti

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garage cleanup day, so I rolled out the fleet. Family picture!
IMG_20220523_101247417.jpg
IMG_20220523_101350299.jpg

That's most of the rollers. Absent is the Nameless Hardrock, currently on loan to HotRod Thundrrr. Here's what didn't get rolled out
IMG_20220523_112155514.jpg

It is actually kinda tidy in there now. It is annoying when She is right

I fondly remember O'Keefe's Extra Old Stock ( High Test Eh!) from punk rock tours into your lovely BC back in the 80's!
That's what the Vancouver boys used to bring to the Fruita Fat Tire Festival in its early years. They stopped bringing it when introduced to American Microbrew Barleywines.

I fondly remember O'Keefe's Extra Old Stock ( High Test Eh!) from punk rock tours into your lovely BC back in the 80's!
Cool, what band were you in? Play with anyone I'd recognize? (If you played with DOA or the Subhumans or Young Canadians, I'm beyond impressed!)
That beer was the good stuff, they don't make it like that anymore. Fun fact, my last Build Off bike had a copper O'Keefe opener covering the coaster reaction arm
il_fullxfull.3582960718_ikge.jpg

I just took the thing apart, am looking for something to do with that opener now, it is cooler than the bike.

Oh I've tried it. Definitely have the "beer drinking" credentials to knock it.

"If you see me walkin' down the line
with my fav'rite honky tonk in mind,
well, I'll be here around suppertime
with my can of dinner and a bunch of fine"

Oh I've tried it. Definitely have the "beer drinking" credentials to knock it.

"If you see me walkin' down the line
with my fav'rite honky tonk in mind,
well, I'll be here around suppertime
with my can of dinner and a bunch of fine"
You need to quit stealing ZZ Tops lyrics to suit your needs... Millennials....

You need to quit stealing ZZ Tops lyrics to suit your needs... Millennials....
ZZ Top are far older than millennials. The beards may have confused you. Also, if I was stealing, I would probably not indicate it using quotation marks. They're for when you quote someone.

ZZ Top are far older than millennials. The beards may have confused you. Also, if I was stealing, I would probably not indicate it using quotation marks. They're for when you quote someone.
Wow, That's pretty juvenile of you.. I get mistaken for Dusty Hill all the time and have had a beard longer than you've been around... Nice try Matty Boy... Keep it up....

I have a problem...
Urk!

Have you checked my post per day account?

Don't knock it, till ya try it Matty Boy... " What you'll have a Pabst Blue Ribbon, What you'll have a Pabst Blue Ribbon, What you'll have a Pabst Blue Ribbon, Pabst blue Ribbon Beer"... Prosit... Millennials....

I’m trying to remember the last time I drank an American beer that wasn’t a freebie. I think it all suffers a lot coming across the Rocky Mountains.

Since I was old enough to watch cartoons on TV I was trained to drink Hamms, the beer, refreshing.

I guess it wore off because I never did drink drink a Hamms beer.

I drank something once that was very dark, and it said that I wasn’t worthy and that I’d regret having even opened the bottle. Right on the label. It’s likely were daring you to buy this beer because they were telling you right up front you’re gonna hate this stuff.

I didn’t regret it. It was a freebie. I would put it on par with a Guinness extra stout minus the coffee flavor and plus a little bit of something more musky.

It probably was aged in a used propane tank or something.

Last edited:
I get mistaken for Dusty Hill all the time and have had a beard longer than you've been around..
That's funny. One time I was mistaken for someone who is concerned by how long you've had a beard for. And to be offended by jokes on a "getting to know Matti" thread? Seems like you haven't gotten to know me yet. Calling me immature isn't an insult, it's a statement of fact.

Cool, what band were you in? Play with anyone I'd recognize? (If you played with DOA or the Subhumans or Young Canadians, I'm beyond impressed!)
That beer was the good stuff, they don't make it like that anymore. Fun fact, my last Build Off bike had a copper O'Keefe opener covering the coaster reaction armView attachment 194572
I just took the thing apart, am looking for something to do with that opener now, it is cooler than the bike.
I was in a band called Dot3; we were more like the Minutemen with more funk, or the Big Boys out of Austin. We were based in SF and San Jose, and we never were more than a local "cult" band. DOA were awesome. We did a cover of their Edwin Starr cover of War (What is It Good For") and funked it up good!

Loved High Test! Cheers!

Latest posts

Back