Girvin fork..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am nearly finished with this one too. It was formerly a Felt Red Baron but as you can see I ruined it. :)

0138049c143e5958bb54a86bef791620.jpg

ff71adf2765b08d015c5ad5793819859.jpg

5160ecea248736aa26d896b1a0354210.jpg

71d750beb892d6a33c4300c4d76d3824.jpg

I even got a Triumph badge but I isn't on there yet. It's nearly there.

- Gig

- by Gigmata

Last edited:
My Girvins, I'm at 10 so far.
DSCN4166_zpsed687cb0.jpg
[/URL]

I like that selection. I am always looking for cross-link forks. :). I have a Proflex 857 that I just stripped the paint off of. My plans are to polish it, add a set of double-crown forks, Kawasaki clip-on handlebars, carbon rear suspension and a banana seat. The bike will have stock gearing and roll on 26" rims. Then it will be time for a new owner. I wanna build another Felt aluminum cruiser with a Lefty fork. I am not sure which color to roll with yet but it will not be metallic. Hmm.

- by Gigmata

Last edited:
I have one 857, Cool Machines. The hard part is finding the right compression rate spring to replace the melted polymer units. I found a perfect spring at the local bike co-op. Got lucky, its made of TI

Stick a fork in me. I'm done with this one. I went outside and snapped some shots today. Yes, this is a fancy Girvin. It adjusts as you ride. That's probably awesome for racing down a mountain. It's a bit overkill for riding at the beach. My new true blue "Felt Yale" should be back from the powder coater before Thanksgiving. I'll post those pics once I build the bike. Then I've got do do a cruiser with a Canondale Lefty fork. :)

IMG_0543.jpg
IMG_0557.jpg
IMG_0601.jpg
IMG_0611.jpg
IMG_0590.jpg
IMG_0623.jpg
IMG_0618.jpg
IMG_0570.jpg

Does anyone have a way of using disc brakes with the Girvin ELT forks? I need to stop so I don't give myself 2 black eyes from falling again? I have 2 existing builds that I want to run Girvins with discs on. Thanks in advance.

- by Gigmata

My Girvins, I'm at 10 so far.
DSCN4166_zpsed687cb0.jpg
[/URL]
Sinner4,

Do you have a way to put disc brake mounts on a Girvin. I have 2 builds that need brakes and I want to get the mounts powder coated with the fork or polished whichever the case may be. Thanks. I actually welcome any answers for this issue.

- by Gigmata

Sinner4,

Do you have a way to put disc brake mounts on a Girvin. I have 2 builds that need brakes and I want to get the mounts powder coated with the fork or polished whichever the case may be. Thanks. I actually welcome any answers for this issue.

- by Gigmata
This is my opinion on disc brake for the Girvin. Carbon version, maybe. Aluminum, not me. The material (which I haven't measured and do not know the wall thickness) they use on the fork legs is very thin, and I'm not sure I would trust it with the added power of the disc up front. Maybe some Girvin guys can chime in here.

I am nearing completion of this Felt. I am swapping out the chain wheel, grips, and probably the brake levers too. I also want to add a drop stand to it but I am in the process of modifying it. I will do a write up on it when it's finished.
e51d86e624b5d7d4fb2bc498dc1683e5.jpg

- by Gigmata

I have one 857, Cool Machines. The hard part is finding the right compression rate spring to replace the melted polymer units. I found a perfect spring at the local bike co-op. Got lucky, its made of TI
I also suggest using polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspension or some other outfit. The steering linkage bushings are a perfect fit.

- by Gigmata

Latest posts

Back