Good friends and great luck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I sold a pair of my Huffy Rail tube caps to someone I live near that had one Rail he was finishing up. He said he only had one Rail but is a Schwinn Krate and Flying Wedge bike guy, he showed me pictures of his collection and it was very impressive. We had been talking bikes and he said he had a box of Huffy parts he picked up along the way that he didn't need and wanted to know if I was interested in them. When he brought the box over I couldn't believe what was inside, a Huffy "The Wheel" steering wheel and chain guard decal in near mint condition, a pair of Red Line pedals also in near mint, 3" banana seat reflector, a rear fender, and various other parts. He sold the box to me for a lot less than it's actual value, I offered him more closer to the value but he said he really didn't need the parts so I got them cheap. You make good friends, treat them right and fair, and they will return the same. I think I know what my next project will be and it includes a steering wheel. Check out my first build post in the build thread "First Firestone Rail"

That is awesome! Congratulations on tbe stuff! Can't wait to see the Firestone!

I would agree on making friends in the hobby. I have had the same experience many times, you get someone something they need, and they return the favor down the road.

Looks like you did wheelie good on those parts...lol
facepalm.jpg

Better pics of my frame in the sunlight, the metallic really shows through thedark red candy paint.

Latest posts

Back