Good From Afar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattiThundrrr

Rattus All Terrainus
Reaction score
I'm finished.
IMG_20210905_192108164~2.jpg

Build thread here:
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/good-from-afar.113619/
To get me, and Good From Afar, understand that everything is a joke. I take jokes seriously.

IMG_20210905_180518500~2.jpg

Here's how it started:
$_35.jpeg

Parts list:
-Frame (integrated kickstand), fork, rear fender, and chain guard from Moosehead beer promo bike, (Nirve knockoff)
-NOS tourer bars, maybe Wald?
-Nishiki MTB stem
-Mongoose BMX crank, sprocket and BB with custom COVIDsheild technology (Warning:will not actually protect bearings from viral contamination)
-ThundrrrFabbed Layback seatpost (MTB stem and assorted garbage)
-Black/alloy alloy cruiser wheels from Ducks Unlimited promo bike
-26x2.125 flame slick tires
-Child's MTB seat, denim covered
-Rando cruiser pedals
-Vintage MTB grips, provided by RockRat
-Ejection Seat sign
-Vintage O'Keefe "copper knight" bottle opener
-Backyard faucet , hummingbird cork.
-A whole lotta nuts

Also included: some blood, a bunch of sweat, and a whole lot of beers

IMG_20210905_192239401~2.jpg

My color pallette:
IMG_20210902_171603976.jpg

Frame, stem, crank works, doodads: Tremclad Matte Clear over natural and cultured patina
Fender, chain guard and fork: Rust-Oleum Gloss Clear (Canadian Tire ran out of Tremclad!!) over Tremclad Flat Black enamel. I call it Wet Black

IMG_20210706_164014324~2.jpg

Thanks for letting me play along. I had a great time, learned a lot, and gained a ton of respect for the builders who are putting together the really fine stuff.

IMG_20210905_183827125~2.jpg

Biggest thank you for last:
To my beautiful wife, the lovely Ms Dice, thank you for supporting me and pushing me and advising me and allowing me to be me. I wouldn't have done it without your help. Next Build Off bike is yours, baby!

Last edited:
You did it! I think your rat-ina ideas you presented are well carried throughoit this build. And thanks for the detailed photos, I missed some of tgose along the way!
Great photos as well. If there was a prize for Best Backdrop, you've got some contenders there.

Well done!

Great photos as well. If there was a prize for Best Backdrop, you've got some contenders there
Thanks! I selected the brick backgrounds based in part on your comment regarding the test photos. The other part: that location is across the street from the place I moved my parents into during the Build Off

You kept on taling down your build, but that turned out nice man! Love the holey parts especially!
CONGRATS!

I'm a little surprised, to be honest. I wanted to dislike this bike, I was supposed to list it for sale, the riding position was supposed to be too much, but after spending a few hours with it, I really like it. I've never applied myself more, tried harder on anything else before. My various teachers, bosses, parents, guardians etc would be impressed with you guys, you accomplished the impossible: getting Matti to buckle down and actually finish something. Thanks, RRB Team

I'm a little surprised, to be honest. I wanted to dislike this bike, I was supposed to list it for sale, the riding position was supposed to be too much, but after spending a few hours with it, I really like it. I've never applied myself more, tried harder on anything else before. My various teachers, bosses, parents, guardians etc would be impressed with you guys, you accomplished the impossible: getting Matti to buckle down and actually finish something. Thanks, RRB Team

You're welcome Goof From Afar :oops::giggle::crazy:

(EDIT: I'm really sorry for that typo last night!)

Latest posts

Back