Gooey Syrup [pg5] Strongarms, anchors and bones

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Definitely like the black tires better on this than the white ones. Has a 'tougher' look to it now. If you had a really bright ( chrome, silver ) chain, I would paint the chain guard black so it would set off the chain even more. Like a backdrop.

Reaction score
Those Strongarm coaster arms look cool.

I had to look up what a "steenmarter" was. In English they are called stone martens. And sure enough, the google image results showed multiple pics fo them chewing on engine components. Maybe you should train the baby goats to hunt them down and headbutt them.

View attachment 202244
They sure can headbutt! I did google the English word and came out at "Stone Marten" but could not believe that was the right translation, so I dismissed it.
Thanks for your confirmation!
Definitely like the black tires better on this than the white ones. Has a 'tougher' look to it now. If you had a really bright ( chrome, silver ) chain, I would paint the chain guard black so it would set off the chain even more. Like a backdrop.
I totally agree on the tougher look! It just fits a chopper bike.

I was planning on a black chainguard! Did not realize a bright chain would really 'pop out'. Thank you!
So when are chrome "belts" available on the market? 😉

So the theme unfolds a bit more, bones and paint process/graphics are here. I think the pictures are self explanatory. The lines painting freehand was hard! So not perfect, but I'm very much ok with the result.

nVuMr5k.jpg

u44s7Kp.jpeg

oMV2sMd.jpeg

zLDd6J3.jpeg

Comparison: old and new coasterbrake arm.

DDTMph6.jpeg

Dxe3g8s.jpeg

IFc653d.jpeg

This picture is mirrored due to the selfie cam. Unfortunately you can't see the arm fully, but its still friggin' awesome!

I enjoy the idea on the coasterbrake arm and the anchor, this part being a part of the braking system.
[Edit] If anyone is interested in the model, I can share it by sending a stepfile of DXF.

xo5CXLE.jpeg

Chainwheel from classic cycle that fits the build.

28Fo2W3.jpeg

My antique motorcycle style Porucho almost fully assembled. New bottom bracket bearings (Odyssey Dynatron absolutely smashed, see more details in the 'bike talk' section).

r5W4cr8.jpeg

Measurements for a 'chain-tire' protective cap. I will fabricate something out of bronze or brass for that.

Thanks for reading/watching!

Last edited:
Reaction score
"The inner diameter of the front fork is 29mm, so maybe a bit too large for stem caps. 1 1/8" forks have and inner diameter of 25.4 generally."

In order to make it work on the Felt fork I had to buy 1 1/4" stem caps and star nuts instead of 1 1/8". I also had to use some short tubing cut from the Felt chopper bars that go into the fork tubing.

I love that coaster brake arm!

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Great work on the brake ARM. You could paint the anchor tattoo on the forearm section like Popeye.

popeye-sailor.gif

Reaction score
"The inner diameter of the front fork is 29mm, so maybe a bit too large for stem caps. 1 1/8" forks have and inner diameter of 25.4 generally."

In order to make it work on the Felt fork I had to buy 1 1/4" stem caps and star nuts instead of 1 1/8". I also had to use some short tubing cut from the Felt chopper bars that go into the fork tubing.

I love that coaster brake arm!
I thought about that, I like your creativity on mixed parts! And thanks!

Great work on the brake ARM. You could paint the anchor tattoo on the forearm section like Popeye.

popeye-sailor.gif

I was thinking to do that, but Popeye has huge forearms, and I decided to lasercut a big bicep before I thought of Popeye to be honest :thumbsup:

That mentioned, I remember having regular fun with a friend of mine a few years back. My buddy works at a metal fabrication company and builds frames and parts for aftermarket motorcycles. He was active in motocross (Maico Twinshock and EML Jumbo! The EML Jumbo is a 1980's, 1000cc, 168hp on the rear wheel, sidecar motocross beast. There were some guys riding this without sidecar) but I digress... This profession gave him "Popeye" like forearms and hands like a vice grip.
Every time we got into a (fun) argument we ended up wrestling/fighting, but I knew he would win eventually with those vice grips that are called hands. There was only one way I could win and that was dirty and below my standard :21:
We still have fun and goof around.

The coasterbrake arm is far-fetched on the theme/name of the build, but I just thought this was really cool and I am happy with this choice.

"Strong to the finish
Cuz I eats my spinach!"

It's looking good, Bart. Really good
Thank you sir!