Got some bikes I'm hoping to sell/trade at a swap meet, need help on pricing

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those Raleighs are in good shape, but on the low end of their line and heavy for a lightweight. The framesets would make good singlespeed or fixed gear conversions that would not weigh a ton without the low end componentry and steel wheels. Check your local CL for pricing on similar bikes and go a bit lower to move them.
He's taking them to the swap meet..

I took some similar bikes to my first swap meet... I overheard a few comments about these "garage sale bikes" The guys at these swap meets are typically looking for higher end vintage bikes... No offence, but you'll be lucky to have any offers on any of those besides maybe the MX... I had some more desirable vintage parts that I sold, but barely made enough to cover my swap space rental, and a a few odds and ends I bought for my own projects.
The only ten speeds that sell or extremely high end Italian ones, or the highest level Schwinns (Paramount, World Tour, etc.)
Those guys sound like they're from The C.A.B.E. Same attitude as a lot of folks on there.
Well, if I don't sell or trade them at the swap meet, I can just post them on Craigslist and Marketplace afterwards. It's not the end of the world if I don't make a ton of money on these bikes.

The Murray built MX might do MUCH more than $150 on Ebay. It's one that has more demand than supply. That bike could go $300+
That would be sweet, but I've never sold anything on eBay before, and with all the policy changes they've made, I don't really want to mess with that right now.

Latest posts

Back