Grandpa-RockHopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While racking my brain for something to do I made som progress on the rack. I will be adding a second bar to the support that looks like the curved bar in the front on the truss rods. I think I will do a 3 slat wooden deck curved to follow the racks shape.
dscf2015f.jpg

By xc204
dscf2016.jpg

By xc204

awesome build! this is the part i like best, when the bike starts coming together and we get the first true glimpse of your vision.

SO many cool details. The rack and light are looking good. I used some of that self etching primer as paint for two toned looked on my Military bike.

Thanks Cman. How do you think that would look on this bike with creme on the headset and details?

bikeriderx said:
XC204 said:
Thanks Cman. How do you think that would look on this bike with creme on the headset and details?
Photoshop it and see! :lol: :wink:
xddorox said:
Amazing work. I love what you are doing with the custom fabrication.
what they said :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I got busy between yard work, family gatherings and building an old fashoned wood cold air return grate . I got the rack pretty much done except for paint and as long as I was using my woodworking tools did the rack top.
dscf2024.jpg

By xc204
I didn't get the bend quite right on the rack support but oh well

[img]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3484/dscf2023u.jpg
By xc204 at 2010-05-31
I forgot to cut the little arch in the flat plate between the support bars also...grinder time!

dscf2022.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-05-31

dscf2021h.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-05-31
Now i need a glass blue red or green reflector for the back of th rack how come these are so hard to find?

XC204 said:
dscf2021h.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-05-31
Now i need a glass blue red or green reflector for the back of th rack how come these are so hard to find?
Because they're so cool?! :roll: Lookin' GREAT Gary!

Gary, you are my hero.

This bike is so cool and so well executed!

My jaw dropped. It just get's better and better.

Oh that would be sweet !Thanks

Wow Rob you are right, this bike is awsome. Thing is I got the frame to do it with. Do you mind if I replicate this build off in the future.... Hahahaha just kidding man :lol:

Latest posts

Back