Grandpa-RockHopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headbadge with graphics applyed. I was going to sand blast for texture then bronze paint background but I may leave it as is.
dscf2044r.jpg

By xc204
I had a heck of a time getting this photo it's bad but the others really were bad.

The letters and bars are cut vinyl from an online sign co. $3 for a sheet of 4 but $11 for shipping http://www.signsinasnap.com/ Still up in the air about the headbadge to paint or leave as is?

XC204 said:
Still up in the air about the headbadge to paint or leave as is?
I liked the idea of a bronze color. I think bronze/copper would look cool over the green, imo... :mrgreen:

this bike is off the hook.

the attention to detail, is top notch! this is def. my kinda build!

Little parts are starting to torment me...it can't be a lack of planning. My axel length in the cartridge BB is to short (crank hits frame)so I gotta get another or use a separate axle bearing cup setup that I had, but i still have to get a longer axle. I also drilled my Head badge screw holes in the frame off center dang old eyes. I have room to shift them and still cover the holes though.Going to paint it Rat Rods Klunker colors Thanks Steve

Things are being beaten into shape that were fighting me . Redrilled and tapped head tube for headbadge centered now. Bought new paint. couldn't find the crank axle I needed (73mm bb x 131mm over all) so I cut a 68mm axle that had longer outputs made a 3/16 wall sleeve made it a press fit and will weld it tonight. It is now sized 73mm bb x 131mm overall
dscf2045w.jpg

By xc204
dscf2050z.jpg

By xc204
Blasted the headbadge and bronze painted it then removed mask for silver letters. I think I like the blasted with black better I can alwaye redo.
dscf2046ht.jpg

By xc204
dscf2049j.jpg

By xc204

Got the BB axle welded last night seemed to weld fine so I think it will not "Skipton" on me.I got it indexed well and it runs true in the races with dry bearings and no tight spots so I think its straight I took care to not over heat it and distrol the temper on the races.
dscf2055b.jpg

By xc204
This morning I got the frame masked and painted. I tried an experimental method for the frame scalope masking. I bought some removable Contact paper at Walmart, cut it to some 8.5" x 11" size and put them in the ink jet printer and printed my scalopes then cut them out with an exacto knife. The ink didn't dry too well so I wiped them with alcohol so I wouldn't get ink on the paint. I t worked well but I had a residue on the portion where I had wiped with alcohol. No residue where i hadnt next time I'll just wipe with dry paper towel to remove undried ink.
dscf2052j.jpg

By xc204
Sorry this photo not so good.
dscf2054a.jpg

By xc204
dscf2053hs.jpg

By xc204

Got some more done this afternoon after my pedal broke on my fav bike on the way home with a part for the buildoff bike.
dscf2060l.jpg

By xc204
dscf2063.jpg

By xc204
dscf2061t.jpg

By xc204
dscf2057mj.jpg

By xc204

this thing reminds me a lot of myself.

gets better looking everytime i see it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

not sure when it happened, but this build has turned out to be a rolling piece of art!
2 years ago, i would have thought ya didn't stand a chance entering with a diamond frame.
heres hoping ya do some damage and make me eat my words.

def a contender!

Very nice Gary! I thought that the bronze headbadge would look good! :wink: What are you using for the brake cable sheath? Some beartrap pedals might look cool...

Latest posts

Back