Grandpa-RockHopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still in awe of this bike. like i said before, it boggles my brain ya got a diamond frame contender. i didn't think it possible, but i've seen the light.

sweet build man!

Still no seat. My finish window is Sunday night for pictures. May have to post finished bike from Denver. I am borrowing a used broken Brooks to see if I can kludge it together for photos. Maybe I will take this one with out west and get the Kickstand guys to shoot it. On the Denver Cruisers Ride next Wed.

IT looks like the USPS lost my seat I finally got a tracking # and the only info is that it was recieved on the 9th no other info as to where it was going or if it ever left Golden Co. They ain't no Fedex! Anyway I borrowed a old broken Brooks unsprung to kludge into a sprung old looking saddle. The color is wrong but at this point I have no choice but to git on with it. I welded in some tabs to mount the spring bolts. I was going to use these springs in the new seat if they fit and ditch the chrome ones that are on it.
dscf2096iq.jpg

By xc204
dscf2097s.jpg

By xc204
Added a license plate to the seat stays. 1933 its birth date.
dscf2098o.jpg

By xc204
Close I have to get rid of the reflectors in the pedals and it needs a kickstand.
dscf2099ir.jpg

By xc204

A kickstand and wooden inserts in pedals to match rack.

that bike is looking sweet! 8) like the way the colors work with the wooden parts,and the tires give it a nice pop! :D really nice work.

Dude, you should consider adding a drop kickstand! :idea:
make it match the fork struts
attachment.php

ya know something like that? ^
it would totally go with the style and match the bike well if i must say my self :D

Iven that's what I should have done. I used one on my last bike but center stand. i like your idea to match the truss rod brackets ....maybe a redo is in order.
Trinidad
dscf2832z.jpg

By xc204 at 2011-10-21

Latest posts

Back