Grandpa-RockHopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got this frame from a friend that was moving a few years ago late 1990's RockHopper and I became a Grandpa last week. So I think I'll try to make this into an "oldtimer" like myself.
dscf1852a.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-05-01

Congratulations on becoming a grandpa!

Bike better look good when you get done!

My MTB fork minus brake posts . A few extra parts for the fork : 3" pipe hanger clamp, door latch rods off an old locker and misc. dumpster junk.
dscf1983.jpg

By xc204
My new dropouts 1.5" x 3/16 steel drilled and slotted.
dscf1844e.jpg

By xc204

Art Deco style truss rods almost done.

dscf1984hq.jpg

By xc204 at 2010-05-05

Wow not bad for a grandpa! :lol:
No, seriously, those truss are amazing!
Congrats on the new title!!

Those are some brutally good truss rods. I can't wait to learn to weld so I can start knocking together some of my own.

Got some work done on the forks this morning while the rest of the house was sleeping. Now to prime and finish. Thanks for the nice compliments guys. And for Leroy two words (Get Tigwelder)
Gary

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'll tell ya one thing, by keeping the frame off limits, these build offs sure do produce some seriously cool and creative fork designs. :wink:

Making the Young Old I hope this is legal in the rules adding a tube to the frame. 3/4 " EMT couduit dipped in muriatic acid to remove Galv. coating.
Gary

dscf1873.jpg

By xc204

Latest posts

Back