Gravity run

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gravity bikes are awesome! I used to ride downhill longboards pretty seriously, and a few guys in my crew ran gravity bikes sometimes. I tried one out that was made out of an old redline frame flipped upside down so the steering angle would be more stable. The seat was hose clamped to the frame where the crank used to be. It was super fun. A little more predictable than a longboard, and a bit faster on the top end. Ah the good ol’ days…

Here's the "low rent" version!

I watched this awhile back and found it entertaining. I can imagine something like a combination rat bike show/downhill race with different classes for taco bikes, cruisers, tallbikes, and whatever else anyone wants to drag out.
Doesn't have much to do with the shopping cart thing, but it's what I thought of! :crazy2:

I'm considering holding a gravity event here, but more as a fun "ride what ya brung" than a race. Testing a few route ideas in the next couple of weeks with some friends. The way the Big Blue Cruiser Supreme rolls now, that'll probably be my weapon of choice.

I'm considering holding a gravity event here, but more as a fun "ride what ya brung" than a race. Testing a few route ideas in the next couple of weeks with some friends. The way the Big Blue Cruiser Supreme rolls now, that'll probably be my weapon of choice.
details when you work it out. i'll add it to my 2022 "maybe" calendar

:D

Sounds great! And I agree; more fun ride than actual race.

I’m waiting on parts for my gravity bike at the moment, but my longboard trucks came in the mail today! I ordered calibers with a 44 degree baseplate and put 5 degree risers which put the trucks at a 49 degree angle. Kind of steep for most people, but I used to ride with a 52 degree angle so this will be fine. The deck is the prototype five mile b17. It placed in many races back in the day, and it’s the prototype of a board that was popular back in the day, I’m lucky to have held onto it because it’s truly one of a kind.
Tomorrow I’m gonna shred some gnar!!!
5A3985C4-49F8-47F9-8F68-992F4C4B6056.jpeg

Not me, but this is my exact board in the poster. “Five mile B17” My buddy Dan took 2nd or 3rd on it at the Maryhill festival of speed that year. I ended up having to work that day, but I got to go there with a small group of friends and test out my five mile widowmaker prototype, only it wasn’t called a widowmaker yet, it was the “f22 raptor”
8235A708-FAD0-4809-ACDE-F8E36644C544.jpeg

I found this throwback pic! Chambers bay (the side with the switchbacks) 2011. Shaving some speed and preparing for a brutal 90 degree reverse banked right turn. I learned sliding before a reverse banked corner is safer and faster than sliding in the corner, and also “look ma! No hands!”
E9AC92E5-CD33-4A98-A2C1-8556ECA1F98F.jpeg

Latest posts

Back