Greaser - (7/28) Complete

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Greaser - 6/11 update & pics

So that is what those bolts in front of the seat springs are for! I have the same seat (in a mighty different condition) but the rail has been lost. :( Did you reupholster it? Is that vinyl or leather? I was thinking I would leave mine as a steel pan but would love to go with some leather if I thought i could do it without wasting a perfectly good dead animal... BTW your chrome looks awesome!

right on! glad you like it. the seat is leather(i think) and it is not reupholstered. i guess i was lucky it was in such good shape to begin with. the shifter housing i used is a murray 3 spd click stick i got off ebay. i might still have some other tricks up my sleeve so check back soon 8)

okay, so i've been slacking on my updates so i snapped a few pictures today. first up, my new hubcaps... i think they did a great job concealing how i lowered the bike.

hub1.jpg

they also worked good to hide my 3 speed setup...

hub2.jpg

i decided i didn't like the ape hangers anymore so i switched up bars...

bars.jpg

almost there, almost there... :D

view1.jpg

whew! :shock: this was more work than i figured.

Re: Greaser - 7/6 update & pics

That is one nice bike!

sweeeet! i think your bike an lobsterboyx are in the same category..kustom sled. :mrgreen:

funny you should say that Stretch. that is exactly what inspired the theme of my bike, 50's era custom lead sleds. i love 'em! can't get enough of 'em! i have tried to incorporate the key elements of a typical 50's lead sled onto my bike. such as, the majority of them have modified drive trains, are lowered, have a cool flamed paint job, equipped with quality gauges, a custom shifter and of course white wall tires with chrome hub caps are a must. not to mention they weigh a ton! so far, just like my bike 8)

Re: Greaser - 7/9 update & pics

another day and mo' stuff added. here's a view of my functional tank horn. the horn itself is NOS but the button and battery pack are new items.

horn1.jpg

i changed pedals for these, mostly because they match my hubcaps.

pedal.jpg

i also installed a chrome frame pump to hide the ugly backside of my shifter.

pump.jpg

i had to represent my home town so i put this on... now that's just class! 8)

plate.jpg

more to come!

awesome lookin! i think you need a different sprocket though, it kinda doesnt fit the style of the bike.

yeah, i was kinda thinking the same. although this one looked the best out of the ones i already had i have been on the lookout for something different. maybe i'll find a better one before the deadline.

hmm.. theres one i plan on buying that might work.. maybe he can sell it to you instead. his name's unchained.

hey thanks man. i think i may already have one i might use, i just need to dig it out of the junk pile i call my shed. i appreciate the offer though. :)

Latest posts

Back