GREAT VIDEO - GREAT SONG

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
handsome_family_video.jpg

***Click here to play the video on Youtube!***

Awesome video of The Handsome Family. Don't know what to make of them. They sure have some beautiful eerie songs. Kinda Amarican Gothic, but having seen them in a documentary years ago they weren't able to convince me... Mostly due to the wife. I thought she was doing things 'differently' just for the sake of being different.
But like I said, They have a few beautiful songs that I enjoy very much.

(Sorry if this is a repost...)

@ ckdesign69

yeah... Here's another version of 'My beautifull Bride'. Shot in a park during someones weddingpicturephotoshoot :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX1YViS3bSw
The Handsome Family does great things with American roots music. 'My beautiful Bride' reminds me of Johnny Cash's version of 'Long black veil' as does some of their other songs. I don't like all of it but I do love 'So much wine' and 'In the air'. Check em out.

@ Stephen H

Thanks for posting!
'Pedal You Blues Away' by R. Crumb. Is that the cartoonist/artist/illustrator ROBERT Crumb??

video_guitar_hero_livingend.jpg

Living End - Prisoner Of Society (btw: the song is cut and shortened...)
One of the better examples of 'modern music influenced by rockabilly'. Hollow bodied gretsch, standup bass... The guitarst is exceptionally good. It's insane. As is this video. But you have to be familiar with the computergame 'Guitar Hero'. This video probably has already been posted on this forum.
(maybe by me... :oops: sorry for that.)

EDIT:

video_livingend.jpg

btw, this is the original video that blew me away when I first saw it.
Yeah I know, I know... The lyrics are very juvenile, ...but look at them. They were just adolescents. Even then they were great musicians. Just look at their live performances. Insane rockabilly gutar solos. Seeing is believing...

Latest posts

Back