Green boomer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is put together and I test rode it. I had to put a chain tensioner. I think I will get the anti-rotate washers just in case. It could use a few more teeth in the rear as well. Headlight is not connected.
20190916_171052.jpg

I may have a regular kickstand that I could use:
20190916_171210.jpg

This fork can stay for now. But I really want some suspension in the front :)
20190916_171134.jpg

Cockpit view:
20190916_171147.jpg

Front:
20190916_171200.jpg

I really like this bike and just couldn't let go that the seat is so cumbersome and generally doesn't match the style of this thing.
I have another seat, virtually identical to this one and it is torn. So I removed the foam to see how does it look underneath, particulary I was pretty sure the nose would be thinner.
And I was right then suddenly:
View attachment 96412
Oops, bolts, didn't see this one coming. I sat on it for a while and I didn't feel the bolts at all. I assume it will not be a problem, since the seat cushions mainly because of the springs and not so much because of that foam.
I like it better than the foam version:
View attachment 96414 View attachment 96415 View attachment 96413The question that I keep asking myself is - should I rip apart this sofa cushion/pillow to try to fabricate a cover (no foam, just the "leather") for the seat plate? To clarify, it is not a part of my green sofa and armchairs.
View attachment 96416 View attachment 96417
By the way, no luck at the flea market today, no vintage/used parts except for some derailers... I only got a tristar allen key, another set of green hub brushes and some tire levers. I was hoping to score some stems and bars maybe, some cool seat... Once there was a guy with at least 10 cool sets of wheels.
By the way the rear cog is 21t, but I have ordered a 23t when I was at the shop.
I was at the thrift store yesterday, and they had a couple of pieces of old school super duty soft side luggage for three or four dollars made out of extra extra heavy naugahyde. Could have probably covered six or eight bike seats with one of them, but it was a medium tan color. The other had a little less material, and was kind of burgundy.

Black, or a darker earthtone and I would've bought one. But I didn't have a bike that I wanted to use those colors on.

I had black and white and I first ran out of the black ones and now I don't have any. I only have a few reusable, but I am not cutting them. Green should be available, I must make a trip to the Hagebaumarkt (that's the german version of Home Depot).

Last edited:
About that shifter - you can use almoast any shfter with those Nexus 3 speeds. I'm using a non indexed lower tube shifter from ZZR racing bikes from the sixties mounted on the steering bar.
$_20.JPG

The only important thing is tu figure out the position of the second gear to ba at the yellow window on the gear selector, 3rd and 1st are not important, since 1st is line-all-out, and 3rd is line-all-in

Latest posts

Back