Green Machine builds ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Seriously thinking about a rat build recumbent (sp?) built in the "Green Machine" style...has anyone here done such a project ?
I'm assembling the details in my head presently, but really need to come up with some ideas for wheels.
I'd like the front wheel to be as big as I can find, I'd also dig lacing a 2 speed kick back hub to it as well...the back wheels ideally would be fat and maybe 8"-10" ?
Any Ideas ???

zombie bikes website has a forum and plans for sale...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

I thought about one for a while, but never did it. When I was in grad school we had one kicking around the studio.....that thing was a blast!

I didn't see anything on the Zombie bikes site...maybe a link ?
Not so much looking for plans as this will be a custom, one off project.
More interested in seeing if anyone here has tackled it, and if anyone has any cool ideas for wheel sets....may even have to build the front wheel from scratch to get it big enough !

I've got an idea in my head using the drive hub from a green machine laced to a 29er.

I imagine using a two speed is possible, but how to connect crank arms like the green machine hub?

I've got an idea in my head using the drive hub from a green machine laced to a 29er.

I imagine using a two speed is possible, but how to connect crank arms like the green machine hub?

I'm glad I've got someone else is thinking about this!
I'd like to make the whole thing bigger and longer than a real Green Machine, and drive the front wheel with a chain drive...
Would love to do a 29" wheels in front.
Not sure what to use in back?
Wheelbarrow wheels?
Heavy duty hand truck ?

That is exactly the link I was looking for Franconeuvo!
Mainly for thinking about the adult ergonomics. .

Hand truck wheels might work, just want slick tires for power slides.

Have you seen the motorcycle green machine built by Parker Brothers Concepts? If you can find the video of that build it might give you some ideas.

I did see the motor cycle version. ..Bad A!
The one I'm thinking of building will probably be big and heavy. No power slides unfortunately!
I'm also thinking of designing a tandem version?
Think Mad Max!

Latest posts

Back