Greetings from a new member

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everybody,
Just wanted to take a quick minute and introduce myself. My name is Joe. I'm an American living in Toronto, Canada. I make my living as a musician and a novelist. I met my Canadian wife while were both signed to Sub Pop records in the 1990s. If you told me then I'd be living in Toronto I'd say you were out of your skull. Well, there you go.

I've been lurking here for a while and thought it was time I step up and sign up. As you all know it's a pretty amazing site. very dangerous place for those aware of the finite number of hours in a day.

For years now I've been primarily into old school bmx. (I have a few good friends here from bmxsociety and the museum.) Over the last couple years I've pretty much whittled my old school collection down to pre 1980 Redlines. The newest bike I have is a 1981 GT 26" cruiser. My personal tastes are original finishes and decals whenever possible. But that's just me.

In the past few months my horizons have been broadened. I still have the 1975-1976 Fleetwing Tigercat bike I recived for my 8th or 9th birthday. I got into BMX soon after I received it. I never BMX'd the Fleetwing because my father would have torn me a new one. The bike was brand new. Anyway, I could never part with it, though I can't honestly say the bike spoke to me like my 1979 Redline MX-II did. That is until I saw a 1972 Raleigh Chopper MK-1 for sale. It was nearly complete, and pretty crusty. I had to have it. I knew I had to take it home, break it down and improve its quality of life. (I am almost done with that project, and I'll start a thread about it soon enough.)

I also recently picked up a purple CCM Mustang, near complete. I believe it is a 1968. (I have a lot to learn about these non-bmx bikes, and am having a blast doing so.) I'll make a thread on this one too.

Finally, I found a 1958 Huffy-made Western Flyer ladies 26" bike. It looks pretty complete save for the front wheel and the road rubber. I had to have it.

Sorry for being longwinded. I'm very stoked to learn and hopefully add to the site. Great to see some old friends here, and I can always use new ones. Again, I'll post up my projects when time permits. And if someone could kindly let me know how to pay the pro membership fee, I'd be grateful. I've been looking all over, and can't seem to sort it.

(BTW, my online handle is one I've had for years. I was over in Australia one time, and I found the Vespa I'd been seeking for some time: a Primavera ET3. I bought it. Put it on a boat, and had it shipped back to my place in NYC. and hence, nycet3.)

Thanks,
Joe

Hey nycet3, Welcome to RRB and to Toronto.
I'm in the Roncesvalles area and would be glad to meet you and help how I can.
-Dan

Welcome Joe!

And if someone could kindly let me know how to pay the pro membership fee, I'd be grateful. I've been looking all over, and can't seem to sort it.

Just click on the "Support the site" button up the top. ;)

Luke.

Latest posts

Back