Growler grabber. DONE(ish)!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing special, just find a way to clamp it down without scratching it. Put a piece of tape around the drill as a depth gauge. I used a 7 ball on the end of my kickstand in BO7 on Flexy.

WP_002407.jpg
I couldn't remember which bike, but had a feeling you had done it at some point! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Actually made some progress. Rear end is built and the frame is broken down and ready for transplant. Need to fab a mount for the suicide shifter and decide on a shifter knob. Was gonna do a pool ball but maybe a tap handle would be better. Good thing i have 8 or so of those laying around. Wish I had time to build a cargo box. Thats something that would probably take me a few tries.

Actually made some progress. Rear end is built and the frame is broken down and ready for transplant. Need to fab a mount for the suicide shifter and decide on a shifter knob. Was gonna do a pool ball but maybe a tap handle would be better. Good thing i have 8 or so of those laying around. Wish I had time to build a cargo box. Thats something that would probably take me a few tries.
I was going to integrate a tap handle into the BBD, but couldn't find a spot for it right off the bat. Probably add one at some point....so, you have 8 tap handles....hmmmmm....:crazy:

Wish I had a pic to post of the Brown glass jug I saw the other day. It looked like an old style moonshine jug and it had "grab a growler" painted on it.

Well it looks like a trike! I'd post pics but my garage is so slam packed right now it's embarrassing. Need to do up the chain line and fab up the shifter and mount and she's good to go. Thinking back to the pool ball due to space limitations. The faux rust paint matches up pretty good.

Who knew that finding a barrel nut would be so ...... hard? Everyone just looks mystified when I say I'm building a jockey shifter for my bicycle. Guess I have to go to the specialty bolt store tomorrow (yes, we have such a thing).

Who knew that finding a barrel nut would be so ...... hard? Everyone just looks mystified when I say I'm building a jockey shifter for my bicycle. Guess I have to go to the specialty bolt store tomorrow (yes, we have such a thing).
Whenever I go to the hardware store, the lady asks what I'm working on. When I say an old bike, she says oh.....

Whenever I go to the hardware store, the lady asks what I'm working on. When I say an old bike, she says oh.....
:bigsmile:
Yep, getting pretty used to the glazed expression people give!

Luke.

So there's good news and bad news. The good news is that this will get finished; the bad news is that it won't be today. It will probably be tomorrow. I blame an unexpected brewery soft opening near my house and the resultant beers. I was building this for me anyway so no big loss. I got the chain done done and fabbed a shifter mount this morning this morning, but I still hadn't drilled out the pool ball or found the right sized PVC cap to finish it off.

Last edited:
Looks like it's gonna get done!! Nexus might not be functional though since my parts box got knocked over and the spring/pin went missing. Ugghh.

Latest posts

Back