GTHOtrod's Hot finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20210912_201348.jpg
20210919_202806.jpg
20210919_202817.jpg
20211014_190835.jpg
here's a far worse set I bought back. Only reason for this effort was that no gum/ tan walls were available at the time. So it's work with what you've got lol

Last edited:
I have at least a half-dozen tires that could use that treatment. Is your brew a trade secret, or is it shareable?
First batch 50/50 brake cleaner and dexron 111 transmission juice. Light scrub with scotch bright pad and wipe down to clean up.
Then a few coats of straight atf after that once or twice a day for a couple days.
Not sure on the long term? But it's a trick gokart racers use to soften tyres.

Few coats of straight atf after that once or twice a day for a couple days.
Not sure on the long term? But it's a trick gokart racers use to soften tyres.
I used that tactic for years

Brake clean in a spray can, such nasty stuff. Do you mix the atf and brake clean in a container and apply or could you clean em with brake clean and immediately apply the atf? Any liquid substitute for the brake clean work? Maybe lacquer thinner or even goo gone.

We get brake clean as a liquid in 20ltr drum, and use in spray bottles. So I just mix 50/50 in a tub and brush on.
I would think acetone, or similar would work well also.

I posted it on a local retro mtb page and got a bunch of hate for the frame
They're so easy to troll. You wouldn't imagine the heat you'd get posting it on a modern MTB page. The most difficult part of mountain biking is getting over the elitism.

The most difficult part of mountain biking is getting over the elitism.
Faux-Elitism

The ones who get most uptight about things they don't know or are capable of comprehending are just barneys with fat wallets, no sense and no skills.

Latest posts

Back