Guitarl's Rat Ranger Pickups

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, flush mounting it would be cool. Plus less chance of cargo shifting around and damaging it? Being a flatbed I am sure you secure anything you haul really well!

keep the rubber side down!

I agree, flush mounting it would be cool. Plus less chance of cargo shifting around and damaging it? Being a flatbed I am sure you secure anything you haul really well!

keep the rubber side down!
No not flush...Below the deck.
But I didn't mess with it today.

Carl.

Had to swap out my hydraulic clutch slave cylinder....
ARGH! Ford always has a better idea... not this time! Slave is inside the manual transmission so you have to drop the whole thing. Only redeeming thing was the lift on the beast meant I needed no jack. Which is good because the whole thing is sitting on my jack as I type. No crossmember... I ruined the bushings on my old one so now it's dead in the driveway and I'm waiting on the salvage yard for a call to tell me they found one...
KIMG1631.JPG

Carl.

It's a roller! The salvage yard here is great, (I went to school with the guy 40 yrs ago...) so he dug up a crossmember that looked factory fresh in black part NO rust at all for my 97' said the truck must have had a new one installed right before they wrecked it cuz the other 4 he had were crusty. Then after quoting me 75 bucks on the phone, charged me 50. Now I've been running around town with it and I wish I had a bit more pedal but bleeding this design is a PITA (youtube bleeding a Ford Ranger clutch and you'll see what I mean) so I'm gonna roll as is for a while and check the levels in a day or so.

Carl.

Just a side bar.
I'm still driving this thing and I've still got the red one too. The youngest drove the red one down to trade school in Florida and back, but it's parked for now needs shackles in back and tranny cooler lines. So I let it sit for the winter. I had to change the throwout bearing on Warthog a couple years ago, but she just runs down the road. I had stakes on the flatbed for a while but put the tool box back on the driver side. $1100.00 and I've been driving it since April of 2017 so I think I got my monies worth.
IMG_20220322_105046.jpg

Carl.

Last edited:
Gotta love those things. I bought this 2005 brand new and still own it. 235,000 miles and never wrecked. I put 200,000 miles on it in 4 years on the road and then relegated it to beater status. Biggest mechanical problem was it needed some wiring harness repair after mice ate the wires off of 2 fuel injectors. I love this old beater.
Ranger.jpg

Latest posts

Back