GYSOT! - Get You Some of That! - She's a Rider - heading to the Finished Bikes forum soon.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job aging your paint.
Kenny

I grew a little envious of the videos that guys like Luke have been posting, so I decided to post a little video up. I'm pretty well wrapped with the frame for the moment - I will post pics later. Now I'm working on the wheels.

I grew a little envious of the videos that guys like Luke have been posting, so I decided to post a little video up. I'm pretty well wrapped with the frame for the moment - I will post pics later. Now I'm working on the wheels.

Those hubs are nuts! Looks like a build to watch for sure....:)

I missed the past few updates. Awesome fauxtina going on here!!!!!

Well, this is my final update for the weekend. Off on a business trip, but I feel like I made some good progress. I'm confident that I will be done in time for Shiny Side Up!

I was able to get the headset and bottom bracket installed, the forks assembled and installed, and test fit the motor. There are a couple problems with the fit, but nothing that can't be overcome.

Next weekend will be all about building wheels and getting the bicycle part of the drivetrain sorted out.

Loving the videos! And I love the hubs:thumbsup: I was going to run that same rear hub with some 3 inch wide tires but Im too ocd to have an offset motor and I couldnt be bothered to engineer a solution. I cant wait to see it all laced up! Its so massively awesome:113:

Great Job , this is a great video this is a cool build !!!
On that rear Hub , if you need to lock it in maybe you could bolt on an extension to the original brake stay , another piece of metal run to the rear a little further so then it will reach the hub & you can bolt it to the extension piece .
I will stay tuned next week same Bat time same Bat Chanel !!!![emoji95][emoji92][emoji100]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the business travel I have been doing, it's been hard to find a ton of time to work on the bike, but I was able to put some time in on the build last Saturday.

2015-06-06%2016.38.05.jpg

I got the KW Machine motor mounts in the mail, which made installing the engine a breeze. As I mentioned in an earlier video, the motor needs to be offset to roll with the fat tire in the rear, and even though these mounts are made for the aluminum Felt, a little rubber shim sorted it all out.

I also laced up the wheels. I was able to reuse the original spokes from the Felt rim on the front hub, and ordered some cod the rear. 12 Gauge all around - though I did have to drill out the hubs on the front hub to get the spokes to fit (and the rear rims to fit the heavy duty nipples). While the drive chain is not mounted yet, is fits, even with the 24" Thick Bricks back there.

2015-06-06%2020.16.17.jpg

Cosmetically, I installed some Oury motorcycle grips, a Gyes saddle, and for the first time, I'm using a Sportsman seat post. I have been using Slowriderz posts for a few years now, but I really like the 90* bend in the post - it looks like the post ends in the nose of the saddle.

I have been playing around with the motor a tiny bit. The throttle is installed, the clutch cable is installed, and I also upgraded the intake manifold. The original manifold is pretty bad.

2015-06-05%2017.23.48.jpg

2015-06-05%2017.23.54.jpg

So I replaced it with one of these...

2015-06-05%2017.24.13.jpg

Wider intake, super clean... No idea how well this will work - I need to get the fuel tank installed and I'll hopefully get the engine started this weekend.

I got the bicycle drivetrain installed. I'm a fan of the microdrive look, so that's what I'm going with here. The bike is rideable, and with the front brake, even stoppable.

Here's my recap video.

With all the business travel I have been doing, it's been hard to find a ton of time to work on the bike, but I was able to put some time in on the build last Saturday.

I got the KW Machine motor mounts in the mail, which made installing the engine a breeze. As I mentioned in an earlier video, the motor needs to be offset to roll with the fat tire in the rear, and even though these mounts are made for the aluminum Felt, a little rubber shim sorted it all out.

I also laced up the wheels. I was able to reuse the original spokes from the Felt rim on the front hub, and ordered some cod the rear. 12 Gauge all around - though I did have to drill out the hubs on the front hub to get the spokes to fit (and the rear rims to fit the heavy duty nipples). While the drive chain is not mounted yet, is fits, even with the 24" Thick Bricks back there.

Cosmetically, I installed some Oury motorcycle grips, a Gyes saddle, and for the first time, I'm using a Sportsman seat post. I have been using Slowriderz posts for a few years now, but I really like the 90* bend in the post - it looks like the post ends in the nose of the saddle.

I have been playing around with the motor a tiny bit. The throttle is installed, the clutch cable is installed, and I also upgraded the intake manifold. The original manifold is pretty bad.

Wider intake, super clean... No idea how well this will work - I need to get the fuel tank installed and I'll hopefully get the engine started this weekend.

I got the bicycle drivetrain installed. I'm a fan of the microdrive look, so that's what I'm going with here. The bike is rideable, and with the front brake, even stoppable.

Here's my recap video.

Wow! Yeah, this is really well put together, aesthetically, functionally, and mechanically! Nice work.

Here's my recap video.

Looks awesome for not having much time , I think your farther ahead then a lot of us head scratching , parts snatching , bike lacking , dumpster diving , rat heads !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful bike with amazing attention to detail!

Latest posts

Back