Hammer Mechanic's Freshest Finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This bike was posted on CL on Monday. It had only been up for 23 minutes when I saw it. I had to work that night and the bike was a 2 hour drive away. I sent the gentleman a polite email asking if I could look at the bike on Tuesday after I had got home and had a chance to sleep. I didn't think he would call me back, but he did. He said that he would hold the bike for me since I was the first to reply. Needless to say, I bought it.
Here are some better pics.
022.JPG

028.JPG

004.JPG

019.JPG

027.JPG

006.JPG

030.JPG

This bike was posted on CL on Monday. It had only been up for 23 minutes when I saw it. I had to work that night and the bike was a 2 hour drive away. I sent the gentleman a polite email asking if I could look at the bike on Tuesday after I had got home and had a chance to sleep. I didn't think he would call me back, but he did. He said that he would hold the bike for me since I was the first to reply. Needless to say, I bought it.
Here are some better pics.View attachment 52682
View attachment 52683
View attachment 52684
View attachment 52685
View attachment 52686
View attachment 52687
View attachment 52688
Wow, sounds like a stand-up dude. Glad you got it.

Popped on this yesterday. It was listed as a 50s Western Flyer. Turned out to be a juvenile model. Threaded bottom bracket for a Fauber crankset? Tweaked pretty hard, but no dents. After a lot of digging, looks like it may be a Great Western Mfg bike. 1920s or abouts. Probably be a wall hanger unless some parts fall in my lap for cheap.
P1300001.JPG
P1300002.JPG

P1300004.JPG
P1300005.JPG
P1300006.JPG
P1300009.JPG

Industrial bike score. A Schwinn Heavy Duti, a pair of Torkers, a Husky HD 120 plus two more Heavy Duti frames, some rims and the bike rack.
P3170019.JPG

I had not seen these Torker bikes before today. Massive tubing. Never motorized a bike before. This might be the one.
P3170015.JPG

Some sweet rims on the Torkers.
P3170021.JPG

Industrial bike score. A Schwinn Heavy Duti, a pair of Torkers, a Husky HD 120 plus two more Heavy Duti frames, some rims and the bike rack.
View attachment 188813
I had not seen these Torker bikes before today. Massive tubing. Never motorized a bike before. This might be the one.
View attachment 188814
Some sweet rims on the Torkers.
View attachment 188815
Yorkers were great heavy-duty BMX bikes way back in the early days. Great construction and quality bikes in the early days.

Here are some better pics.View attachment 52682
View attachment 52683
View attachment 52684
View attachment 52685
View attachment 52686
View attachment 52687
View attachment 52688
Awesome vintage find- twin headlights?!?!? Verrrry Niiiice!

Latest posts

Back