Harvard Deluxe info needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This women's bike is coming up a local estate auction. I haven't looked at it in person, but I will tomorrow. The website lists it as a Harvard Deluxe. The chainguard appears to be Schwinnesque??? It's a skip tooth and has a bar running through the handlebars.

If someone could provide me with more info on this bike and the possible value, I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't need another bike for my collection, but wouldn't mind replacing a new women's bike in the collection with this one.

Thanks.

harvarddeluxe.jpg

That's a cool old bike. Columbia Westfield maybe? Looks original and complete save for the kickstand. The frame has the double braces below the tank...indestructible. The fork has triple top plates for extra strength. Probably a prewar bike...jump on it! Gary

Thanks for the info. Any idea on how much to pay? I don't want to overpay, but there'll probably be some antique dealer that thinks the bike is worth gold.

It’s a prewar girl’s Snyder (think Rollfast, Hawthorne, etc.) The basic frame was offered from 1937 through 1941 but the truss rods and fender braces mean this one is likely from 1938-40 and probably the late end of that with the truss rod/fender bracket.

It looks like a nice original bike that should clean up well but there is nothing particularly valuable on it. I think up to $250.00 is market but as money is only money and sometimes the romance of the object, as-is where-is, can win over the bean counter in anyone, a bit more than that may bring more happiness than walking away.

Firmly planted back in the reality corner the bike, clean, original and straight but a girls bike with no valuable accessories, probably wouldn’t go past $150 on eBay ($150 + $75 shipping = $225)

Latest posts

Back