has any one used a jesse james chopper bicycle for parts?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has any one used a jesse james chopper for parts. i wanted to put longer forks on my schwinn and put a little rake in it. i have nirve forks on it now and was wondering if i could put a west coast chopper front end on my bike and use a 24 or 26 inch rim looks like enough room but i don't want to buy one if it wont fit. i have found a bunch around my house for 40 to 50 dollars. i'm eather going to buy one of those bikes or a simple springer if it wont work any help on the matter would be cool.

Re: has any one used a jesse james chopper for parts?

Man thats a deal I saw him build one on tv and they wanted $75,000 for it. :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Re: has any one used a jesse james chopper bicycle for parts?

i ment jesse james chopper bicycle. the ones sold in walmarts. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We have one that we have configured in numerous ways. It is mostly intact right now. Never really thought about parting it out...

What Schwinn frame do you plan on putting the fork on? The headset/steertube of the WCC chopper fork is 1 1/8", so it won't fit the older stuff that needs 1".

62H

i have an unknow year of schwinn i'm thinking mid to late 80's early 90's. i have on there now what i can remember is a 1 1/8 inch nirve fork on it now when i got it i had to go my lbs for a stem with they had no bmx big enough to fit it so i had to use a road bike stem. does not look good but works. so i thought if that fork fits then maybe i can go buy a cheap west coast for the front end and put my wheel on it so i can put my dyno back together.

SMUT PEDDLER said:
i ment jesse james chopper bicycle. the ones sold in walmarts. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oh ok I was wondering how you were going to stuff a Harley motor on a Schwinn....Just funnin :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats cool i was wanting to go with a used west coast bike just for all the parts like stem and bearings and the tank the last time i got just the forks i ended up buying a few other parts just to use it on my bike.

Never used the jesse james one, but I have osed the schwinn occ ones. The 20 inch rear/24 inch front fork has a raked triple tree, so that can give you a cool stance...

I would pick it up even if you don't use it for the bike you are talking about but I would try to get them to take less money for it. I payed 40 bucks brand new from the store for my last one. I got 4 and the forks are worth having. Way better then the occ forks built better and beefy. also when you let go of the handlebars they stay going straight. If you need to they can be cut down to the size you need. Kenny p made some kick donkey bikes with that frame. Would give you a link but I'm on my phone and its too much work. But I would pick it up if the price is right. Just my two pennies

P.S. I used a set on "the unknown trike" it didn't fit the stock cups on the trike so I swapped them out with a pair I had kicking around. Can't remember if I used the bearing from the WWC bike or not but I did get them to work on my older trike

Latest posts

Back