Hawthorne Twin-Bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm a sucker for double top bars, and when this came up on Craigslist, I had to have it. I already had the parts to build a klunker/strandie/BMX cruiser, making the process super easy. The frame looks too delicate for serious klunkin', but then, so am I.

BEFORE:

20220723_100427.jpg

AFTER:

20220726_102537.jpg
20220726_102441.jpg

Attachments

• 20220723_100427.jpg
    20220723_100427.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 0
Lovely twin bar cruiser. You mods look great. You are right about off roading in original condition. Your fork replacement is probably a lot stronger than the original fork. The frame will probably take a bit of abuse. I like your 3 piece crank installation. Good job. If you are like me and ride at safe and sane speeds off road then this bike will be fine.

Lovely twin bar cruiser. You mods look great. You are right about off roading in original condition. Your fork replacement is probably a lot stronger than the original fork. The frame will probably take a bit of abuse. I like your 3 piece crank installation. Good job. If you are like me and ride at safe and sane speeds off road then this bike will be fine.
Yabbut Unsafe and Insane is more fun.

I love those twin bars and have had a couple, nice job. With those crimped stays and super thin dropouts, I'd keep it on the pavement and never stand on the pedals. Lotsa show, notta lotta go. I'll be building up a few frames made that way that'll be marketed as "BMX Styled", fun for cruising in style but not made for getting stupid on.

Yabbut Unsafe and Insane is more fun.

I love those twin bars and have had a couple, nice job. With those crimped stays and super thin dropouts, I'd keep it on the pavement and never stand on the pedals. Lotsa show, notta lotta go. I'll be building up a few frames made that way that'll be marketed as "BMX Styled", fun for cruising in style but not made for getting stupid on.
I'd love to take a look at those frames when they're done.

I'd love to take a look at those frames when they're done.
It'll be a few, but I'll be sure to post them up when in-progress. My friend who is doing some paint work for me will be going at these, as well as a bunch of other builds I have planned to resto-mod from last Summer's crusty bike haul..

Latest posts

Back