Head badge rivets

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
anyone know if a big-box or hardware store carries, or of an easy to find place that has head badge rivets or "approved equal" so I don't have to buy these things off e-bay all the time and get jammed on freight?

Check McMaster-Carr—they're the best. Usually one of the cheaper vendors, have all kinds of amazing stuff, and actual engineering information on whatever it is you're looking for, so there's a lot less guesswork.

Search for u drive screws. Can be bought in bulk for cheap. The zinc plated ones can be soaked in white vinegar to add patina. I bought a bag of 100 on the bay for not much cash. $8.50/100 free shipping. Sorry, I see that you were looking to avoid ebay. This size worked for me.
u drive screws.JPG

Last edited:
To further this discussion, I think we should be more specific, There are at least three types of fasteners that can be used for head badges: rivets, drive screws, and self-tapping screws. And these come in some different styles and in different metals.

Some newer bikes have head badges attached with double-sided pressure-sensitive foam (ugh!).

Latest posts

Back