Hello and Introductions from BC

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive lurked this site, figured might as well sign up and do a formal introduction.

Ive always been a builder, and restorer/hot rodder as i was raised that way, use to run a custom longboard manufacturing company, so it isn't too big of a step for me to be restoring or building out bikes at the moment, use to race bmx when i was younger and have always had a bike or two around except for a time in calgary when i was going to college there.

But anyways im not one to sit and watch tv shows all the time after work, and would rather tinker on something as its more entertaining and rewarding for me, so ive been rebuilding bikes ive bought or typically collected from the scrap metal transfer stations, where they have been discarded, or if an ol farmer would like to part with there bike thats been rusting away in a field, but as my work requires me to drive to various remote areas i always keep my eyes open for old cars and old bikes.

Unfortunately due to not having a shop in my current living situation (which i would definitely be put to good use if i had) ive taken on building bikes as i can easily rebuild them in the place i rent and i have a stand setup in the corner of one of the room of my place.

I dont really have any preference over any style bike but typically look at anything 1980's and older, as there just more interesting to me.

Anyways here are some pics of a couple of bikes ive had in the past and some that i have rebuilt recently

Here are three raleigh 20 folders i had at one point, would have a blast on them when we had cruise nights or house parties

04-25-10_122.JPG

04-20-10_087.JPG

old ladies bike an old roomate and i pulled from the dump in kelowna and what we did to it (just a barebones rebuild and paint)

030509_1022.JPG

031409_1027.JPG

and heres a 70's deeleey that we pulled from the dump at the same time, but it ended up sitting around for 5-6 years off int he cab of my 38 international, till i started rebuilding as i wanted to finish this one and or get rid of it but couldnt let myself do it, but this frame has been painted literally i think about 8-10 times, its just cursed when it comes to paint and like its current paint job i need to redo, but will just bring out my paintguns for on a weekend im visiting my parents and can use my dads shop to redo it the right way.

Started as this, but the wheels got buggered in trying to true them, so it got striped down and thrown off in a corner and forgotten about or drug along with other stuff while moving.

030509_1023.JPG

and this is what i built it out to be, its defintely a fun bike, and is now becoming my main road ride, bumping out a old takashiri roadbike that i got for free but have been riding for 5 years with no issues whatsoever, so it has some boots to fill.

20140522_070104.jpg

Heres a 1978 raleigh sport that is the reason why i got bit by the building bug and am now doing bikes for fun, bought this from a friend for $50 back 5 years ago and was sitting around also in my international, and figured i either need to turf it or rebuild it when i was trying to clean and minimize the stuff i had

20140330_192055.jpg

And here are a few more pics of a couple bikes i still have or have rebuilt for people i know.

20140405_164604.jpg

20140521_145955.jpg

oh also picked up a 1940's Hercules from another member of this site (tucker), which i didn't know at the time, but i now own the one Hercules he found last year and will get to it after i finish up 2 bikes i currently have on the go (one for the brother inlaw, which through some wheeling and dealing was able to give him a free old fuji roadbike (picture below) but the frame is too tall for him so im building him a custom using a 55cm old norco road frame with the deal he sells the fuji and i get the profit from it and he gets a built bike)

20140519_150920.jpg

20131231_141244.jpg

but yeah that most of the bikes ive been working on in the last 4 or so months i have a few bikes to finish and possibly sell before i pick up anymore, but you never know what might come across your path.

Welcome from Toronto and hope you record your next build on the forum.
Hey, why not jump in on the build off, there's still plenty of time and anything goes. I'm in for the first time and wished I had jumprd in earlier.
I also have a cursed old bike that has been redone a few times continually as well.

Latest posts

Back