Hello from Colorado

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello RatRod Community,

I got into custom bikes a couple of years ago when a friend of a friend asked me to build them a couple of e bike prototypes for a new business. A year later the guy gave up, I ended up with a couple of e bike prototypes and became hooked on antique and custom bikes. Now, I am going old school and fully restoring a couple of 1920s Shelby Motorbikes, building a fake (tribute lol) Indian e bike and always throwing together a Frankenbike with spare parts. I ride about 400-500 miles a month, with about 100 on retromods and the rest on my mountain bike. Hey, I am from Colorado..... which, incidentally, is also why I add gears and motors to heavy old bikes. I am looking forward to becoming an active member of the community and always happy to share what little knowledge I have. --Ralph

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 20201212_112759.jpg
    20201212_112759.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 54
A mountain biker from Colorado? Feel free to share that as well, we have a few members who appreciate a nice all terrain bike.
That step through Schwinn is really classy.

A mountain biker from Colorado? Feel free to share that as well, we have a few members who appreciate a nice all terrain bike.
That step through Schwinn is really classy.
Thanks for the props and the welcome! Interesting site and now I am looking at Klunkers lol and some of this ultra cool fabrication. The Schwinn, which has literally 0 miles on it is for sale if you know someone looking for high tech, fast e bike. I pulled the motor from the 1962 Rex Chrome and will list it as a retromod. I usually have to send pics to some buddies when I crash, so there will be those for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 41
Thanks, Eric! Definitely a club I will join, though it looks like I missed January's ride. Not sure how to PM on this site but I can read, so I'll figure it out and send you my contact information. I've been on the DC rides a few times.

Welcome Ralph! There are several of us old bike nuts scattered along the front range. Please join us on the third Sunday every month in Denver for the Old Bikes Club Bluz Cruz! :cool:
I'll have to pay attention and get down there. It's one of those proverbial Round Tuits for me...so far.

Looks like you figured out the PM feature! Again, welcome, enjoy & let me know if you need anything! ✌️

It is a leisurely pace. Stops along the way & roll down 16th St. Mall to check out the sights.:tmi:o_O👽🤡We stop at a convenience store just before arriving at Washington Park for snacks, drinks etc. Everyone generally brings what they will need for the day. People peel off to do their own thing. We usually get back to Fishback Park about 2:00pm or later. I usually stay as long as possible. If we stop to eat we finish around 4:00ish. 15-20 miles may be a stretch. Typically around 10-15 miles. If just going to the Park & back on the Cherry Creek path is about 9 miles round trip. We have been riding the streets versus the bike path lately to see more stuff & avoid crowded paths. It's a lot of fun & a great way to see things you never knew were there!

Last edited:
February is Graybeard John Memorial ride to honor one of our founding members so I will be there with one of his bikes to pay my respect. So happy to be the caretaker of this custom '41 Lincoln badged Schwinn DX. All it needed was a chain guard.(pic from last year's ride)
IMG_20200216_151815878_HDR.jpg
Weather is going to be awesome!!🤓 (then Arctic weather moves in next week🥶)
I'm going to try to get as much done on Maurice the next couple of days to take advantage of the ride!

February is Graybeard John Memorial ride to honor one of our founding members so I will be there with one of his bikes to pay my respect. So happy to be the caretaker of this custom '41 Lincoln badged Schwinn DX. All it needed was a chain guard.(pic from last year's ride) View attachment 186074Weather is going to be awesome!!🤓 (then Arctic weather moves in next week🥶)
I'm going to try to get as much done on Maurice the next couple of days to take advantage of the ride!
Wow - that is beautiful! I will try very hard to make the ride on Sunday.

Latest posts

Back