Hello from South Florida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I've been lurking on the forum for several months and admiring your cool bikes, and I wanted to get in on the action. I recently moved to a bike-friendly neighborhood in Broward County Florida, so I've pulled the bikes out of storage and started wrenching & riding.

My stable currently includes a mid-eighties Schwinn Cruiser 6, a rusty 1960 Tiger, a genuinely ratty Columbia Twosome tandem, and an ever-changing assortment of BMX gear. My parts pile contains random roadside finds (from crap to Campagnolo,) and I'm currently looking for a lightweight road frame for a single-speed build.

Cheers,
Chris

welcome,
I just signed up yesterday myself. I was very pleased with peoples responses and knowledge.
Goo luck om you builds... Any pics?

Dangler said:
welcome,
I just signed up yesterday myself. I was very pleased with peoples responses and knowledge.

No pics at the moment, I don't really consider my bikes to be very interesting...

Bunbury said:
Dangler said:
welcome,

No pics at the moment, I don't really consider my bikes to be very interesting...

Welcome.............OH YEAH.........we're interested! 8)

South Florida covers a big area. I've got family in Ft. Lauderdale. On one of my visits to see family I stopped in with a guy that builds some crazy custom chopper bikes. Great guy. He hangs out alot at the Circus Flea Market looking for bikes.

KOTA said:
Welcome.............OH YEAH.........we're interested! 8)

Ok, you twisted my arm. Here's the 1960 Tiger, found at a yard sale for $20. Lots of surface rust and much of the chrome is ruined, but it has some character! Looks mostly original.
tiger_01.jpg

SuperStuff said:
South Florida covers a big area. I've got family in Ft. Lauderdale. On one of my visits to see family I stopped in with a guy that builds some crazy custom chopper bikes. Great guy. He hangs out alot at the Circus Flea Market looking for bikes.

I'm just south of Ft. Lauderdale, I know the flea market well :)

Bunbury said:
SuperStuff said:

I'm just south of Ft. Lauderdale, I know the flea market well :)

Must be lots of bikes to be found down in Florida because this guy had a ton of them when I visited his house. Welcome to the forum by the way.

bigredddaddy said:
That Tiger IS interesting :D I'd air the tires and ride all day!

Funny you should mention it, the tires were aired up when I bought it and I haven't had to touch them (other than a pressure check.) I've put some miles on it, but the seat padding is shot and the last day-long ride left a lasting impression :cry:

Latest posts

Back