Help/Info on Repro I just picked up.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this Western Flyer Repro today. Persons leather saddle, springer front, 26" tires.
Needed some adjustments, greased bottom bracket...tires hold air but going to change as there are a few slits in them. Good condition ,rides nice...front light was on fender but is just the shell as the light/lense is missing.
Hunt Wilde grips, Ridgida wheels, had a Wald basket on it. All in all pretty nice...Trying to find the year it was made.
Appreciate all info. Paid 100. for it.

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 112
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 110
  • f4.jpg
    f4.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 114
  • f6.jpg
    f6.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 91
  • f9.jpg
    f9.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 87
1614218624093.png

Quote from the CABE: "It’s a reproduction “Western Flyer” that I remember from the ‘80s.
I have the ad somewhere. They were selling for about $400."
These were made in Jacksonville by Aerofast (Emory) as a tribute. There isn't an actual bike from way back like that. I thought your fenders were changed but the illustration shows the same fenders. Your seat looks bent in the rear. It should be a pretty nice ride!

Yes, the fenders do sit a little strange and the seat does look bent! Thank you very much for the reply! Now I know what I have. The seller said they paid about 700 years ago...400 seems right though. I think I am just going to invest in tires and maybe put an ornament on the front fender.
Thanks again!

I picked up a set of Continental Retro rides a couple years ago, 26 x 2.2. They rode well and looked good for the price. The color would match your bike pretty well.
1614222051893.png

I was looking at the fenders and wondered why they didn't sit just right. It looks as if the braces are a little too long. Maybe you could modify the mounting holes on the braces at the axles which would let them sit more in line with the wheels.

Latest posts

Back