Help me price these rat rods.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't build these guys; they came in the collection I bought. I am getting ready to re-home them to the neighbors, Craigslist or similar. They are all work pretty well and should be good functional bikes. I know they are worth whatever someone will pay, but where do you guys think I should price these? I was thinking around $200 each. Thoughts? Also, other info on them (such as the age/year) is appreciated as I don't know a whole lot about them.

First up is a Columbia Firebolt or Newsboy Special, I think. Has the integrated rack. Has newish 26" wheels, modern tires and a Sugino crank. I like this one and might keep it if I can't get a good price. It is pretty light.

P1090250.JPG

P1090251.JPG

Then we have a "Harvard de Luxe." I don't really know anything about this one.

P1090252.JPG

P1090253.JPG

Then a Schwinn of some kind. Seems it has been repainted and matched with nice (newish) whitewalls. It presents very well.

P1090254.JPG

And last a "Master." Has a German hub. I really know nothing about this one. But yes, I know the tires need attention. I actually might build this up a little differently. Can anyone tell me about the frame?

P1090260.JPG

P1090261.JPG

P1090262.JPG

Thanks guys!!!

The Harvard and the Master are almost certainly pre-ww2, but that's about all I can say. Something is weird about that Schwinn, I think somebody modified the frame.

I think $200 for the firebolt sounds right. Same for the Havre. That "Schwinn" just doesn't look like a Schwinn. Never heard of a Master.

I blew up the picture of the "schwinn" as large as I could and it looks like the welding is different from the rest of the frame on the one bar....

Thats a scwhinn...Serial comes back December of 66, looks to me like a girls bike that had the "boys bars" added. Either way I think its seen some "Frame reconfiguration" as 66/67 scwihinn boys bikes were onto the cantilever design. Its worth what you can get out of it or what it means to you I would say.

The yellow diamond frame is a Sears Master, it's probably teens or twenties. The frame, fork and sprocket look original, the rest looks to be modern stuff. The harvard looks like it's probably 1930's. Most of your bikes have lots of incorrect parts, which hurts the value for some of the older bikes like the Sears or Harvard, but no so much on a custom like the schwinn. I'd be interested in that Master if I didnt already have a dozen projects already.

Latest posts

Back