Help with ID of a turn of the century(?) bike & 2 Schwinns

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, been a while since I've posted on here but I picked up some bikes this weekend, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what one is.

The head badge is gone, but it still wears original paint. It has wooden wheels, a skip-tooth chain, and a New Departure hub (type-A I was told). The skirt guard on the rear fender is string. Any idea what it is? I've not found any pics of a women's bike with the two brace tubes between the top & down tube like this one has. This one is driving me crazy trying to ID it!

I'm also trying to determine what the lugged Schwinn frame behind it is. It appears to be from the early 90's, but I'm not sure what lugged frames they offered then?

This was the third bike in the lot. So far I've determined it's a Schwinn Superior from around 1959-1960. It appears stock, but I think the brazing might have been repaired - although it doesn't look like it's been repainted? Unfortunately, I can't find a serial number to date it. It should be on the left-rear dropout, but all I can see is what might be the outline of an "H". Any advice on it would be appreciated too!

cman said:
These guys may be able to help you on the both the Schwinns.

http://www.schwinnbikeforum.com/index.php?board=14.0

Thanks cman!

I signed up for the Schwinn Bike Forum site on Saturday, but still haven't received a message that my account has been activated. Hopefully, they'll confirm me soon.

Any ideas what the black women's bike is, or where to find info about these really old bikes?

Pete

Really Old Bikes...... thecabe.net

The Classic and Vintage section at bikeforums.net may help on the Schwinns. Some of the same guys haunt both of them-Scooper, Bob Hufford and others.

Don't worry about Schwinnbikeforum now. :mrgreen:

Lots of questions that may never be answered.

Latest posts

Back