Help with Mystery Frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I'd love any ideas on what this frame might be. It looks like a beach cruiser to me, but I could be wrong. The serial number is F7297. The most unique feature that I see are the two arms that come off the front of the forks. Maybe for a fender? There is a washer type piece that is on the fork steer tube above the head tube that has two holes in it that look to be related to the two holes on the fork arms.The head tube does have to small holes where the head badge was. The spacing of the holes look like it could fit an old Schwinn badge, but I've never seen an old Schwinn with adjustment screws on the dropouts. Also, at the bottom of the steer tube (inside) there is a square metal piece that I've never seen before. Other than that it doesn't have any other identifying marks that I can see. I'm not super familiar with old cruisers so any help would be appreciated. Pictures are attached. Thank you!

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_3807.JPG
IMG_3810.JPG
IMG_3811.JPG
IMG_3812.JPG
IMG_3813.JPG
IMG_3815.JPG
IMG_3816.JPG
IMG_3817.JPG
IMG_3818.JPG
IMG_3823.JPG
IMG_3827.JPG

That would be a 1935 Schwinn. Collectors have dubbed this frame the "double diamond" because of the straight seat stays instead of the curved stays beginning in 1936. The arms in the fork would be for truss rods. These frames are often built up into cruisers again.

Latest posts

Back