"Hit By A Truck" Firestone Pilot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making art cycle or rather a conversation bike out of:
1 Firestone Pilot Stepthru
1 Chrome Higgins Flightliner Fork & Chrome 26in Wheel
1 Chrome Schwinn 20in Exercise Bike Wheel w/ Fixed Cog
1 Chrome Schwinn Crank & Chrome Chainwheel
1 Chrome Ape Hangers

The wreck that ensued

HPIM5295.jpg

TALK ABOUT SERIOUSLY RIPPIN YOU A NEW ONE IF YOU WERE TO TRY AND RIDE THIS ONE.. KOOL AND MESSES WITH YOUR MIND..

Well with the crank on that side it would go backwards, I think you're supposed to sit on the handlebars and steer from the rear. Looks like fun but I'd probably get hurt... :lol:

outskirtscustoms said:
Well with the crank on that side it would go backwards, I think you're supposed to sit on the handlebars and steer from the rear. Looks like fun but I'd probably get hurt... :lol:

You sure? As far as my mind can tell it seems like it would move just as normal bike would..

Lilgti said:
outskirtscustoms said:

You sure? As far as my mind can tell it seems like it would move just as normal bike would..
thats what im thinking, just upside down

This bike works just like a "tall" bike without the "tall"
Only thing is that the chain stays are not strong enough to handle much weight.
I may introduce a second set of stays when I learn how to weld :wink:

Is there a story behind that one pick?

snydur said:
Lilgti said:
outskirtscustoms said:

thats what im thinking, just upside down

Oh okay the upside down frame threw my perception off.

Charles said:
Is there a story behind that one pick?

Not really, perfectly good bike until the guy @ the landfill scoops it up with the :shock: "jaws of death" :shock: to throw it into the scrap pile! I put a different chainring on it, lost the fenders & another set of wheels & it rides just fine now. 8)

Latest posts

Back