Hood Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
deven_science said:
Thanks, all. I'm proud of her.

Oh, and Yooth, yeah, there was one time when I was coming to a stop, and I temporarily couldn't get a foot out of the straps to put one on the ground! It was comical.

Haha, just BE careful!

Nice and Ratty. I like it. Very cool looking, great job. Where did the bars come from??? I like them. Leo

Leobeerguy said:
Nice and Ratty. I like it. Very cool looking, great job. Where did the bars come from??? I like them. Leo

Hey Leo, for some reason, I missed this question. I made those bars, even going so far as to use two different tubing sizes at the stem and ends, so that I could use that BMX stem, and those motorcycle grips.

dogdart said:
I can't believe this build hasn't gotten it's share of votes . It just goes to show the quality of builds this year , that the Hood Rat deserves to be in the company of . Lot's of innovation here , a great build .

Thanks Dog, I appreciate. Truth is, yes it's about the build, and not the votes, and yes, it's in a class with many wonderful builds (after all, I didn't even vote for mine! :)), but I would be lying if I wasn't a bit deflated by being one of the few to still have no votes. I thought this bike came out great.

Since the Build Off, I haven't touched the bike, so I decided to change it up, and make it a more comfortable ride. Maybe then I'll be encouraged to ride it more.

I changed out the seat with a banana seat (I had to make the struts in place of a sissy bar that I didn't have). I also removed a couple of things that just added bulk. Here it is now, more ridable:
IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

Latest posts

Back