Hope4muscle - born in Japan growing muscle in Berlin 😉

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it needed another contact because of the plastic housing?

I have 4 antique steel horns and they only have one screw.

I have a plastic Fiamm from my VW & now I must look at it.

<edit> It is not a Fiamm horn, but a no name Chinese copy with one screw.

Last edited:
I was very surprised not being at the bottom of page 2 😂.
So today I had my first workday back at school for prep week and I finally had the chance to get my hands on the two front lights I bought on the bay already a few weeks ago and had them sent to my school as I was on vacation. I think they'll fit the build quite well:
IMG_20220815_124551222.jpg
IMG_20220815_124602918.jpg
IMG_20220815_124611610.jpg

What I still don't know is if I will be able to finish this bike in time, as I'm creatively still very occupied with my shed build. So I might as well declare DNF at some point and start over during the winter BO to get the bike done for my son's birthday mid January...
We will see what the next weeks bring...

Cool lights! Fingers crossed that you find time to finish.

I have to throw in the towel on this one (for now). There is just way to much "life" going on at the moment with back to school for the kids, summer parties (school and private), kids sleepovers, the shed build, work (also back to school, but the other side of the desk), ....
With all this, the little muscle bike is just one project to many and at the moment I can't give it the attention and creative respect it deserves. But as stated above, I'll give it another try in the winter BO, as it will fit the two out of three rule very easily and hopefully I'll then be able to get it done in time for my kids birthday in mid January.
(And to be honest, with all those cool and great builds going on this year I wouldn't stand the slightest chance. And "rex piscis" isn't even done yet with his "tramo del tío"...!) :)

I have to throw in the towel on this one (for now). There is just way to much "life" going on at the moment with back to school for the kids, summer parties (school and private), kids sleepovers, the shed build, work (also back to school, but the other side of the desk), ....
With all this, the little muscle bike is just one project to many and at the moment I can't give it the attention and creative respect it deserves. But as stated above, I'll give it another try in the winter BO, as it will fit the two out of three rule very easily and hopefully I'll then be able to get it done in time for my kids birthday in mid January.
(And to be honest, with all those cool and great builds going on this year I wouldn't stand the slightest chance. And "rex piscis" isn't even done yet with his "tramo del tío"...!) :)

Glad that life is full, but sorry to not see this one cross the finish line.
Looking forward to seeing you sometime in Nov/Dec (Berlin/Dresden/Leipzig)
Prost

Looking ahead to the winter BO. I like that attitude. Silver lining

Last edited:
A important thing that is holding me back:
My older sons birthday party couldn't take place in January because of us being struck by COVID. So the party was moved to this weekend. At the moment the whole bunch of kids is playing indoor minigolf, later they will come to our garden, where we will have burgers. Then sleepover with cinema night at our home. This all should have taken place at the campground in our big tent, but because of an announced thunderstorm ⛈️ we had to move it back home and improvise (I don't mind camping in the rain, but not with kids I barely know).
The shed is all cleaned up and ready.
IMG_20220827_182653254.jpg
IMG_20220827_182853637.jpg

The fox already inspected the site
IMG_20220827_181324407_HDR.jpg

I'm just waiting for the go-call to light the fire...
IMG_20220827_182641976.jpg

...and the poor Buggy Trike has to sleep outside under the tarp ...

Now go and get YOUR bikes over the finish line! 🚴🏼👍

Hey, I have the same grey box as you are using for firewood, except I use mine for apples and bike parts...
Guess what: I have four of these boxes at the campground, full of bike parts... :rofl:

Latest posts

Back