Hope4muscle - born in Japan growing muscle in Berlin 😉

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great starting picture for build, major components we all chase down are already there. It absolutely looks like a full size 26" until I see your son standing by it.

451 wheels, may be difficult to find larger size tires or slick if youre trying to do big an dlittle tire combo, Germany may have more options, US the 451 size wheel is mainly on bmx race bikes for light riders.

Suggestion: if you have a set of 26" forks, see how they look, it will raise the front end a little and make the top tube sit level. The downward tilting top tube has a definite road bike vibe.

Cool fenders and chrome, bonus. Look around at original muscle bikes, many had fenders that were chopped / shorter. If you cut open a plastic cup, the rim of it makes a great round template that you can shape to lay over a fender for a smooth radius.

Have a great time with your son building this up, he'll remember it forever.

I’ve eaten pickled cactus and I’ve eaten cactus in various traditional dishes, but I don’t care for it. However that’s not my real objection to cactus.

I just don’t like getting stuck.
I had some amazing cactus enchiladas in Texas, I've tried to make them 4 different times and I have to admit defeat.
My tamales have the older Mexican ladies at work asking my how I did them - I considered that the true mark of approval.

No updates to report so far besides the fact that I'm waiting for some frontlights that I bought in the bay.
Last week I was out camping with the kids, This week the extensive honeydo list and the kids keep me busy while the wife locks herself in the office working on an important report... On sunday we will leave for a two week vacation up in the north of Germany. So this build will probably be on hold until the second week of August. I don't know if I can make it within the timeline, but I most certainly will try...

Here I spent the last week. It's our old home town Ulm in the south of Germany. The main purpose was to have all some time out and for the kids to meet their old kindergarden friends.
IMG_20220716_110221416_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220715_195811033.jpg

Enjoy your vacation and keep the build rolling around in your head so that you can hit the ground running in August.

Enjoy your vacation and keep the build rolling around in your head so that you can hit the ground running in August.

That's exactly what I'm doing the hole time: Rolling Spinning around this build and the shed like a caroussel inside my head...

carousel-1.gif

Last edited:
The original plan for this week was to work each day on the shed for at least 4-5 hours to get this thing done.... but then live happened... The holiday camp of the kids got cancelled and so all plans were scrapped... As my wife had to be working on a important report for her studies it was my turn to keep the kids busy, bring them to friends, pick them up, get them to doctors appointments and so on. Not to forget the usual honeydo list...
So all in all I managed to squeeze in two slots of about 3 hours in the garden. With setting up at start and cleaning up after this left me about four real working hours on the shed for the whole week... Thie means I only got some little stuff done but nevertheless I managed to make a tiny bit of progress (the BO bike still sits in the basement untouched since I got it here from the campground...). So what If got to show?

The top part of the counter is finally done. I covered the flooring wood of the kneewall with two of the remaining floor boards and topped the rough covering plank with another two boards to get a nice surface. But see for yourselfs:

This was two days ago: the "splashboard" succesfully screwed to the top part of the kneewall. The rear top board is already cut down into the gaps between the beams and the front is cut to length resting on top of my mess waiting to get its front edge rounded...
View attachment 201535
Invisibly screwed onto the wall (both boards):
View attachment 201536

And this is how it looked after today. The top board done with rounded edge:
View attachment 201538
View attachment 201539
View attachment 201540

As there was not enough time left to takle a bigger project, I took care of the two holes in the separating wall. The left one was an easy fix, as it was almost perfectly square:
Before:
View attachment 201541
After:
View attachment 201543

The right one was very uneven, so I decided to simply cover it up with a small shelf:
Before:
View attachment 201537
After:
View attachment 201542

So for the next to weeks I'm off to the north of Germany. Next time with hopefully progress to report will be in the second week of august. See you soon!
As all my plans to finish off the shed this week got scrapped (see quote), I see no big hope in finishing off this bike in time after our vacation (shed still has top priority). I'll try nevertheless, but if I don't get it done by september, then maybe in the winter BO with a bit more time on my hands.

But anyway, I'll keep you updated. See you back here in August!

And don't forget: GTB, I'll check in to watch the other builds progress!

It's August now.
Get back to building!! :D

The screws are to adjust the vibrator action. You can adjust them until you get the correct tone. Usually a horn only has one of those screws.
Thanks for the info! I'll try the horn when I'm back in Berlin...
For now I'll enjoy some time at the beach..
20220804_154440.jpg

...and scouting lost (and partially repurposed) places nearby...
IMG_20220804_125629912.jpg

20220804_135735.jpg

Enjoy your break!
Great views of both the sea and the old buildings

Enjoy your break!
Great views of both the sea and the old buildings
The building is part of "Prora". A bit further down in the linked article (written in red) you see the reason why I hesitate to post more of the many pictures I took today... :wink1:
But hey, the fence had large gaps... :bandit:

Last edited:
The building is part of "Prora" a bit further down in the linked article (written in red) you see the reason why I hesitate to post more of the many pictures I took today... :wink1:
But hey, the fence had large gaps... :bandit:

1659671918887.png

Latest posts

Back