Hot Rod Spaceliner - by B4C

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The frame had way too many imperfections to say it looked great, but thanks!

I might have one more surprise coming on the color! Stay tuned....
I know there is going to be stripes!

...Then again, maybe not! The weather turned rather cool yesterday and will remain for the upcoming week! I'm not confident in spray bombs in cooler weather, so the "trick" will have to wait for another bike!

The "trick"? you ask....

DupliColor has a topcoat with flake in it...I think they call it Metal Effex. My gold is supposed to have a clear coat, but no more than its outside, I think it will fair well. Besides, I like the satin!!

Pinstripes tomorrow and assembly to follow...wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the evening to start my pinstripe layout and first color...

8cc39303e6fb37143affbad0b9463e13.jpg

87eeecd48fb727deb24f860d30c8cd3d.jpg

387f12c08abb04f8327f36c8b3e005cd.jpg

Might try to get color number 2 down tomorrow...

Not meaning to high jack the thread but when I was teaching we had a miscreant that liked our finish room/paint booth. One day he went in and came out looking like the guy in the picture, only blue. I asked him if he had been huffing paint in there. His reply was no, I don't do that stuff. I told him to go look in the mirror, he did, heard him say oh ----.

Notice the can. Rust-Oleum "hammered" lol

Thanks, Carl/Luke!

I hope to get the second color on this evening!

I've been tinkering at stripes for several years. I can go back and see definite improvements as I get more practice, but I still have a ways to go....never satisfied with where my skills are!

Carl, check out Coast Airbrush or TCPGlobal...they both have starter 1Shot kits for paint and get a Mack Series 10 (Blue Wrap ferrule) size 00. That is the go to for starters, great brush...every striper has at least one in their brush box. Then get a large piece of glass to practice on. Pull lines, wipe off, repeat. There are some practice exercise sheets you can search for on Google, print off and lay under the glass.

PM me if you have more questions!

Last edited:
Thanks brother, I know me...
next thing ya know I have pinstriped, salt shakers, table lamps, laptop, coffee mug, cowboy boots, clocks, tv remote, monkey wrenches, guitars, picture frames and gas lanterns, then I go into the next room...o_O
Glass sheet is a great idea...

Carl.

Thanks brother, I know me...
next thing ya know I have pinstriped, salt shakers, table lamps, laptop, coffee mug, cowboy boots, clocks, tv remote, monkey wrenches, guitars, picture frames and gas lanterns, then I go into the next room...o_O
Glass sheet is a great idea...

Carl.

Yep! The wife drew the line at cabinet doors!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Cool color perfect choice for that frame [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Latest posts

Back