HOTRODS & ART at Rockin' Jalopy's Motorama (Holland)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back from another art-exhibition I participated together with Ger Peters and Percy Kesteloot (Kesto Graphics) at the Nostalgia Hotrodshow at the automotive museum 'Autotron' in Holland.

rockin_jalopy_2009_a.jpg

^ the artshow...

rockin_jalopy_2009_g.jpg

^ My paintings

rockin_jalopy_2009_h.jpg

^ My latest work: Cartboardtracker. LOOK! It's my bike!

rockin_jalopy_2009_i.jpg

^ MirrorMirror

rockin_jalopy_2009_j.jpg

^ Peace Wagon & VolksWaffe

rockin_jalopy_2009_c.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_d.jpg

^ Work by Ger Peters

rockin_jalopy_2009_e.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_f.jpg

^ Work by Percy Kesteloot (KestoGraphics)

Now feast your eyes on some really cool hotrods Holland has to offer...

rockin_jalopy_2009_1.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_2.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_3.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_4.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_5.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_6.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_7.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_8.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_9.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_10.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_11.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_12.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_13.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_14.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_15.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_16.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_17.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_18.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_19.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_20.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_21.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_22.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_23.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_24.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_25.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_26.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_27.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_28.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_29.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_30.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_31.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_32.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_33.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_34.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_35.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_36.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_37.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_38.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_39.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_40.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_41.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_42.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_43.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_44.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_45.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_46.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_47.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_48.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_49.jpg

rockin_jalopy_2009_50.jpg

Thanks guys, it's my pleasure. :)
Such beautifull cars in Holland can't be kept a secret. The venue is a large hall of the automotive museum Autotron. They had Hotrod & Custom shows before but never in the traditional style like last weekend. I'm happy with the pics but it kinda looks like there wasn't any public. That's ecause I had the opportunity to shoot a lot of pics in the build-up stage. The show was part of the annual oldtimer/restauration swapmeet, so there were a lot of old geezers that were pretty amazed by seeing that much cut-up original iron ;-) To my surprise though I haven't heard even one negative comment about that.

(Oh, and I've noticed my pics have been cropt automatically on the right side. I guess 800px is too wide for this forum?)

OUTSTANDING show with many great Hot Rod media representations - EXCEPT bicycles?!?!?! Where were they hiding? In the other room, LOL. Seriously, thanks for sharing some great pics and awesome photography.

Joe

Thanks for the props on my photographs and artwork guys! Always cool to get positive feedback. But although the pics are good in it's own right and for the subjects sake, it doesn't give the right impression of the actual show. I've had the opportunity to take a lot of pics a day before the actual show without the general public standing in the way. And can you believe the venue wasn't lit-out properly!?! The guy for the lights didn't show up... But it made for a dramatic lighting with some rods partially or completly parkt in the dark...

cman said:
Snubnose King is wild.
Cman, the text actually reads 'Snubnose Trucking' ;-) But that thing IS wild. Such an awesome ride to see in person. I found a great video containing cliche-music and cheesy plot. Inspite of / Because of that it's actually quite enjoyable to watch, so don't forget to check it out:

Click here for fun footage of the COE truck driving in Holland

yeshoney said:
OUTSTANDING show with many great Hot Rod media representations - EXCEPT bicycles?!?!?!
Joe

I hear ya, Joe... Would be cool to have an area to display some 'traditional hotrod bicycles'... But I don't know how the real hotrodders would feel about that. I just try to sneak mine in by starting with a few paintings of bicycles ;-)

sensor said:
...and thanks for posting the coupe de cab....still one of my favorite cars to this day

There's just something about that car... Dispite of it's questionably crude build-up it certainly has the 'right' vibe. It's such an awesome sight to see on display AND on the road. And it already stood out of the crowd before it was bought and repainted by Caballero. Satin darkgreen with orange scallops, as seen on the The Hot Rod Trio's debutalbum...

tockinjalopys_2010.jpg

^ flyer by: G e r P e t e r s

All you Dutch (european) lovers of (traditional) hotrods and customs, come and see me, my art, and a whole lot more ofcourse at the 2nd Rockin' Jalopy's Motorama, held at the Autotron, Rosmalen. During the oldtimer-event. Next to lots of restored and unrestored oldtimers there will be a seperate hall again for hotrods and customs and ofcourse Kustom Kulture.

Cheers.

Ace said:
Great timing - ofcourse I'm working this weekend...typical :roll: but don't let that stop you from having fun Jeffrey :mrgreen: don't hold back on new pics please !

Day one: Forgot my camera...

Too bad Ace... Maybe next time.
Lot's of 'new' cars! And I think I saw a motorized boardtracker. (Or just a really old bike...)

To be continued...

yeshoney said:
OUTSTANDING show with many great Hot Rod media representations - EXCEPT bicycles?!?!?! Where were they hiding? In the other room, LOL. Seriously, thanks for sharing some great pics and awesome photography.

Joe
:D :D Wow! Agree with Yeshoney AWESOME!.....and a couple of bicycles would have been cool! Would love to have been there!!

I agree...
But still, it's very hard to point out to the car-minded organisation the essence of custom bicycles. They think inviting a guy who sells a bunch of (stock) electras is the way to go. As the they did this year. I don't know if Holland has enough custom bikes that'll fit the 'Traditional'-theme this hotrod show carries. But I saw 2 Very cool two-wheelers at this years show that would not be out of place on this forum. Try and find them:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33536
(This years ROCKIN' JALOPY'S MOTORAMA - thread)

Latest posts

Back