how do i remove a stripped nut from the back wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
howdy the wrench keeps spinning around the donut washer the one on the back wheel holding the wheel and sissy bar on im preatty sure its stripped have any ideas how to remove it thanks grace and peace micah
Picture001.jpg

Re: how do remove stripped nut from back wheel

See if you can get a screwdriver wedged between the frame and the sissybar and try to force the nut outward on the axel while you turn it? Thanks!!!

i tried that little while ago the nut is rounded so the wrench does not grip it very well but thanks for the help

Try vicegrips if that dont work get out the hacksaw and start cutting the top of the nut off, when you get it cut most of the way threw use your chissle and hammer and beat it off.

howdy i dont think there is a hacksaw in my house

yep i sure do im going to have my dad get some vice grips i remember seeing those around the house some wheres but i dont no where they are now

im such a ninney i cant even removed stripped nuts my dad removed it for me i took it to the local bike shop to have it put back togther because i did not have the nut to put back on plus the chain came off the sprocket

Latest posts

Back