How many miles on your build off bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so the build off has been done for a little while now and I was wondering how many miles everyone had put on their build off bikes so far. Ive got about 16 miles on mine so far.

yoothgeye said:
Around 15-20, I need people to ride with, it makes all the difference in the world.
I agree me and my oldest finally got a chance to go ride last weekend and we did about 5 miles on our singles speeds on some of the craziest hills in our area.

I've got probably 10 miles on mine ,I put apes on it,it;s still uncomfortable to ride to be honest..After a mile or 2 it hurts...

005-5.jpg

My new 2012 Schwinn Breeze has an easy 200 miles on it, being my main commuter bike to work (as it IS replaceable).
Since I got it a couple months ago, an easy 100 miles on my 56' Schwinn Corvette (although it looks to have many more).
My wife's SGK 7speed cruiser... not counting the 10 break in miles I put on it... 5. :roll:

Houndog said:
I've got probably 10 miles on mine ,I put apes on it,it;s still uncomfortable to ride to be honest..After a mile or 2 it hurts...

005-5.jpg
Get some air in that back tire and it might not hurt so bad lol
Id just seen so many people say their build off bikes was being built as riders this year I just wondered how many was actually getting ridden

Houndog said:
It still sucks with plenty of air in tire....seat is just too low for me I guess...

I can verify that to be true from the photo, anytime your knee goes higher than your waist, it's going to be uncomfortable, it is a good way to get a good stretch in though.

the Seminole has about 25 miles. It got over 10 the day of HPVF. The rest has been running letters to nearby mailbox, and doing neighborhood laps with the wife.

Probably 35-40 miles on Purple Reign, rode it at the San Diego Tour de Fat on Saturday also.

This is not a buildoff bike, but I don't get much opportunity to brag - about 2500 miles on it! :shock:

DSCN1518.jpg

1319 miles :shock:
i took the honey badger around the neighborhood a little after it was done(still had the fuzzies on the tires) before capt'n morgan made me an offer.
than i put it on a big brown truck :lol:
from what i hear it's doin just fine.

Let's see... beach trip 1 about 14 miles...beach trip 2, 27 miles.... greenway ride 1, 12 miles, greenway ride 2, 17 miles and 4 miles in front of my house, lol. 74 miles total on my build off bike. It's not my main ride either...it's only a 3 speed. I ride my 6 speed AMF cruiser more than this one. We ride at least 12 miles almost every Sunday. It's acquired a few scratches here and there from hauling on the bike rack and the speedo gear (on the wheel drive) broke last ride. :( but I think I found another in my stash tonight! :wink:
hurricane2016.jpg

Between 10 and 20 for me. I usually load it up and head for town and ride it around the campus, it's not as hilly and I get more comments! Plus my wife likes riding in town.

The painted pedals and seat are holding up fairly well, I need to post some pics of the seat. It did develop one crack in the paint right in the center...

Rg

Latest posts

Back