How Much to ask for Schwinn Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own two Schwinn Stingrays, one in pretty good condition, and the other, well, it's terrible. My wife bought it for me as a gift and the images the seller put up on eBay made it look like a 10. In reality it has mismatched tires, tears on the banana set, and some rust on the frame. Otherwise it's functional and can be ridden. I'd like to sell it but not sure how much I should ask for it. Someone who is handy and with time on their hands could probably fix it up nice. I don't fit into that category. Anyway, I'd like to ask for ideas on what to list the Stingray for. I'll probably just list in my local area (Central Florida, so that I don't have to deal with shipping. Thank you.

P.S. I still haven't found the bicycle of my youth in the 60s, a Huffy Dragster III, five-speed shifter on the column and blue metal flake seat with white trim, dual hand brakes.

Attachments

• Schwinn Stringray Blue.png
    Schwinn Stringray Blue.png
    514.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Schwinn Stringray Blue2.png
    Schwinn Stringray Blue2.png
    515.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Schwinn Stringray Blue3.png
    Schwinn Stringray Blue3.png
    538.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Schwinn Stringray Blue4.png
    Schwinn Stringray Blue4.png
    523.8 KB · Views: 83
It really depends on the local market. Hopefully someone here can help with that. It appears to have the desirable US built Electro-forged steering head, which a collector would like. if it also has a reversed upper bearing that's another plus, but that will probably not mean much to the average buyer. If you can read the serial number by the left rear axle slot, a date can be established which might help in generating interest.

It really depends on the local market. Hopefully someone here can help with that. It appears to have the desirable US built Electro-forged steering head, which a collector would like. if it also has a reversed upper bearing that's another plus, but that will probably not mean much to the average buyer. If you can read the serial number by the left rear axle slot, a date can be established which might help in generating interest.
I took a look a little while ago but didn't see anything numbers jumping out at me. Where exactly on the frame?

The number will be on the left dropout, or if a later model, the bottom of the head tube.

That looks like a '70s model and the date code would be on the head tube below the Schwinn badge. The chain guard and crank sprocket is the later '70s style. Obviously if it has a Bendix Mexico 70 it can be no earlier then that and you could find that hub on bikes even after the Bendix 76 came out. If it has correct wheels is more important then tires.In Florida I'm guessing $200/400 I can not make out the condition of chrome and paint

Latest posts

Back