how to Bike Rally for Ukraine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep seeing images of cyclist killed on their bicycles in Ukraine and it really makes me seriously angry šŸ˜ .

I can't sit by anymore, I feel like I got to do something, even something small like a bike rally where folks can donate bicycles to be shipped to Ukraine.

Is this possible and how do I go about starting this rally?

Well...I don't think you are going to get much of anything shipped to a hot, or adjacent, zone that isn't weapons systems, munitions, food, or medical supplies. You should check out what your local Red Cross or similar organization is already doing, or if they would co-sponser a bike event as a fund raiser. You could also find actual Ukrainians that are posting thier needs online...and then wire them the funds...this takes either a lot of trust, or the acceptance that the money will help someone/somewhere with something...even if it isn't what they claimed. If you are set on a bike thing...make contact with bike distributors from nearby EU countries (Poland, for example) and inquire if they are, or know of any organizations that are, donating bikes. These distributors would probably have the best chance to deliver near areas where they may be needed.

I think your best shot to help would be working with Red Cross as you would be getting what is needed to who needs it with the least people putting their hands in the jar.

Just my opinion.

This truly is about helping folks, when it comes to politics I avoid it as well.

But I think I can achieve this goal, starting with my local bike shops and the police impound which have hundreds of bikes here.
I believe I can raise a few hundred bicycles and store them at the police department.
I also did a CNASA program at Tinker Air Force Base. My thought is to talk to the base commander and see if it's possible to ship that many bikes, if not I'll ask elon musk.

Yep I'm that determined...

Latest posts

Back