How to change rear tire on Electra Straight 8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone ~ This is my first post, so I'm hoping I have this in the right section.

I just bought a Straight 8 (SOOOO EXCITED!) & bought white wall tires. Is there a manual to show how to change the rear tire? I changed the front, no problem. The back seems a little tricky. Thanks in advance.

IMG_1697.jpg

If you put it up on that countertop you wouldnt have to get down so low to take a pic :D :wink: .
Nice bike!; whatever the process, it wont be too bad. Make sure to post after pics for us.

I have that same setup on my Indy 3i, and it is a relatively simple arrangement. On the right side of the rear wheel, where the indicator is, there is a small flat nut on the back that doesn't appear to hold any thing on. Loosen that nut, and the assembly just slides off. Now you can take the tire off like any other single speed. Assembly is in reverse order, and if there is any problems shifting or popping into other gears, just adjust the cable adjuster until the indicator has the yellow marker in the center of the two reference marks. It is easier to remove and install if you are in first gear (less pressure on the plunger) You'll see what I mean when you get it apart. Good luck!

Thx everyone for your help! If I could ask another question in this same forum, I just got the vintage style Nirve headlight, but don't see how in the h*ll it could be mounted. Am I needing to go to a hardware store? The width of the mid fork (triple tree) is way larger than the Nirve mounting hardware could be opened, if that makes sense. I'm doing Google searches as I type this.

In the meantime, here's the whitewalls! And yes, I should have put it on the counter. :lol:

IMG_1710.jpg

ED-PV said:
Looks great with the whitewalls!

Thanks! I'm a mtn biker, but fell in love with my friend's Rally Sport. I rode it down his street & back & said "I have to get an Electra". I just found out about the Straight 8 not even a month ago & was hooked!

Latest posts

Back