Slamming the huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised I got around to do a quick mockup between builds work and family time, I actually like it with the 27.5 wheel/chunky tyre combo, I don't want to go as far as a Mad Max/off road/industrial look, maybe in my head I'm thinking a little of each, the wheels are from a not so cheap price but cheap full susser that I may use the rear triangle of the frame as it would be easier to cut, fit and weld to the frame but it may loose the curvy lines as the triangle is straight and chunky,I will see
IMG_20211209_090047.jpg
the crank is at the right height I will just move it forward and I will work out moving the seat back abit
IMG_20211209_090057.jpg

So been awhile, other money making projects had to be done, so I have swapped the position of the strut and wheel because I feel the front will be too low, I have drawn a shape on the linkage plate and shortly ready to cut and grind them
IMG_20220201_160410.jpg

So removed rear from the full susser that the wheels came from and was doing a few mock ups of whether I could just get away with drill and bolting rear on which would be OK but would likely be sloppy and flexy so decided to mock up with suspension so I have some comfort, I like it and realize I need to talk to my friend at the local hot rod shop and save some welding money as its gona be a more technical job, we will see, maybe I will just cut up a rear triangle from a rigid and have it welded considering I have not much money to spend and what would I do with it after its done, its cool but I don't feel attached to this build at least if I weld the rear rigid triangle I can play around with forks and setups on the front
IMG_20220206_131632.jpg
IMG_20220206_131617.jpg
IMG_20220206_131605.jpg
IMG_20220206_131556.jpg
IMG_20220206_131545.jpg
IMG_20220206_131525.jpg

Last edited:
It was good catching up with you today, Ryan.

I found this thread and no, I hadn't seen it before.

Definitely prefer the idea of a bolt on (or welded on) rear triangle that we spoke about instead of the spring as you have in the photo.

Glen.

Thanks, I think I may use the green rocker as a template as I already like the shape, and once I lower the back and have the extra rear end extensions welded on the chain stays and the bottom of the bent fork should be horizontal
Why not cut one black one, and change it out for the one you made a kickstand out of? Much easier to match the rockers perfectly and the kickstand would only need the basic shape to look great still.
I realize this is last winter, but no posts so I thought maybe it was on hold or you were busy with life man.

Why not cut one black one, and change it out for the one you made a kickstand out of? Much easier to match the rockers perfectly and the kickstand would only need the basic shape to look great still.
I realize this is last winter, but no posts so I thought maybe it was on hold or you were busy with life man.
Yer I think it will be the way, I will use the kickstand as the second rocker and find something else to replace it with as the second incarnation of Lockdown will be awhile down the road for a rebuild, and yer life is busy but thankfully in a good way just a ton of stuff to do but we get there in the end

So not much happening with the huffy, it's in my container out of the way but hopefully should pull out to daylight to revisit this build, I still like the looks of the mock up and will probably work with my guy at the hotrod shop to crunch the numbers and angles then hopefully welding in the coming summer months

I mentioned before that when I do my builds I rarely use the mudguard/fenders but will use them for this build
In my previous picture there's a white bag on the ground it is a stack of skateboard decks, some are mini ones so may incorporate one or two into it I wanted to do bagger boxes each side originally but think small crates would be better, or will but an old rusted bike rack on the back and use a deck as the platform and may use one as a panel in between the down tubes if the frame
I like the shape of that stem so will have to do some patina paint matching there, I want to do some red pin striping too, never done it properly before but once I've painted the bits and pieces I need doing it will need to be done and then roughed up a bit then cleared
View attachment 173930
diging it.

Latest posts

Back